Hi, my name is Shelly87! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Shelly87!

Shelly87
Shelly87 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm 33 and just been diagnosed with M. S
I have to lovely children age 3 and 7
And live in weston superare 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community and sharing a bit about yourself 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Hi @Shelly87 and a warm welcome to our community.  How are you doing today?

I'm sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis (MS).  How are you feeling about it and do you feel like you have enough support?  Apologies for bombarding you with questions (!) but I do hope the diagnosis has brought with it some relief as to getting an answer for symptoms and a treatment plan for the future. 

Some of our other members also have MS and you can find their experiences/questions by browsing our Neurological Conditions category.  Just incase you aren't aware, the MS Society and Shift.MS community are great organisations for meeting others and getting info too.  

It's lovely to hear about your little family.  I hope the kids are doing well.  Also, I have very fond memories of Weston-super-Mare from my childhood!  Infact, I think I once went to a Radio 1 roadshow there  :D (reveals how old I am!)

Please let us know if you have any questions and otherwise I look forward to speaking with you again soon.  Take care. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @shelly87 :) Please do feel free to have a look around the community. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you need anything!

A good place to start is the coffee lounge, which is the home of our casual conversation. Our list of recent discussions will also show you what other members are talking about right now. You may also find the parents, carers, and disabled parents category useful if you want to talk about what it's like being a parent with MS. 

How have you been finding lockdown? Are you feeling better now things are opening up a little more, or are you feeling nervous about this?

We look forward to seeing you around!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Shelly87 and welcome to the community :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Shelly87 - just wanted to add my welcome to this friendly & supportive community. Thank you for joining, & saying a little about yourself & children. We have other members with MS, but, I would like to say, you'll find a lot of understanding from members facing other difficulties too. However, I'm sure your children keep you strong, & a reason to keep doing as much as you can. Please do chat here any time (it's sometimes easier to talk to people you don't know, but who will 'get it' rather than family or friends), & I look forward to hearing from you again. :)
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Hello @Shelly87 :smiley:

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. How are you getting on? Have you had chance to have a look around the community yet? Or maybe take a look at some of the links that our members have popped into the previous posts? 

As you can see, we're a friendly bunch and we're really looking forward to getting to know you a bit better. If you do have any questions for us, or you need a helping hand to find your way around, then do give us a shout. :)

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness