Hi, my name is Angie49! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Angie49!

Options
Angie49
Angie49 Community member Posts: 5 Listener

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • Angie49
    Options
    Thank you Janer1967. I have never been on anything like this before. I am very shy person. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It is very friendly have a look around maybe start in our coffee lounge for general discussions 

You don't have to comment you can just read the posts it's up to you what you do but no need to be shy we welcome all comments 
  • Angie49
    Options
    Thank you. I will look at coffee lounge. Thank you for being so kind. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @angie49 :) How are you doing? 

Please do take your time. You're always welcome to post and comment, but you can start doing this at your own speed. 

Perhaps you could start off by telling us a little bit about yourself? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Angie49
    Options
    Hi Tori_Scope. I am a single parent. Struggling with things and just looking for a bit of support. I haven’t had good health the past year. I was diagnosed with Gout, diabetes and fibromyalgia. I am in pain all the time. So it’s been a hard year and especially in lockdown.I was hoping someone could help me to get carpets for my bedroom and my hall. They are in very bad shape. I applied to the Glasgow city council. They said I didn’t come under the criteria. My mood is getting very low and that scares me. I just hate worrying all time. Sorry I have went on a to much. Thank you for taking time to speak to me. 
  • Angie49
    Options
    Going to see what I can make for dinner. Be safe and thank you ?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Angie49 - & welcome to the community from me also. I'm sure it must be quite daunting posting on a forum, but I'm sure you'll find this both friendly & supportive. :) I'm sorry the past year hasn't been good for you, & the lockdown certainly hasn't helped many of our other members too, & pain is always something very difficult, as I know.
    Never worry about what you say here, as many of us will understand, so do talk here any time. It may very well be worthwhile to talk to your GP about your low mood; they're in the best position to help. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi @angie49 :) 

It does sound as though you've had a very difficult year. 

Which scheme from Glasgow City Council did you use to apply for your carpets to be replaced? Have you tried looking for local charities or agencies in your area that may be able to help? 

Are you struggling financially? 

Is your physical health being well managed? I know you've said that you're in pain a lot of the time- have you been referred to a pain management clinic?

It must be difficult being a single parent on top of everything? Do you have a good support network of friends or family? Have you joined any parenting groups to meet other mums?

In terms of your low mood, I just wanted to ask whether you'd be happy to elaborate on this at all? What kind of thoughts and feelings do you have? Are you receiving any support for your mental health? Please remember that you can always speak to the Samaritans on 116 123 or jo@samaritans.org, or text SHOUT to 85258 if you'd prefer to speak to a volunteer over text. You don't have to be suicidal to get in touch with them, and many people find it helpful chatting with someone who won't judge or tell you what to do. 

Sorry for all the questions!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Angie49 How are you doing?  

I just wanted to check in to see if you were ok, and also ask if you'd thought about any of @Tori_Scope 's suggestions.

I hope all is good with you, and please let us know if you need us :) 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @Angie49 :)

We haven't spoken yet, I don't think? My name's Caz and I'm a member of the Online community team. I just wanted to stop by and say a proper hello!

How have you been getting on lately? I know that last time you dropped us a line you said you weren't feeling at your best. So, I thought it might be a nice idea to take a few minutes just to get in touch and let you know that you're always welcome to hop onto the community and chat to us any time you need a natter. 

You look after yourself and I'm looking forward to catching up with you soon. :)

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness