About me — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

About me

Options
Paddyrooney62
Paddyrooney62 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
I’m sorry I don’t write a message. I’m fighting with myself now. The problem is that I have problems expressing my feelings or just joining in because I’m struggling and do struggle with my thoughts about my day to day troubles with my condition. I read the daily posts and the people are all warriors fighting their battles with their conditions .And I think they are absolutely amazing. I’m amazed by the support that they show for each other. I’m still trying to come to terms with my condition. The first step is a big one . And I will definitely get my foot on the pathway. Thank you for sharing you really do make a difference to each other and to me. I thought I should at least write a line or two to explain or at least show that I’m here . Thank you ??

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,973 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good evening @Paddyrooney62, feel free to express yourself in any way you wish (within the guidelines of course ha ha) any time you wish. There always someone here to listen and respond and most often with a kind word or two. Thanks for posting. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Paddyrooney62 - it's good to hear from you. It's OK to just join in when you feel it's right for you, but you're always welcome, just to let you know. We do all support each other (or prop each other up!), so do please let us know if we can help you in any way too.
    Coming to terms with your condition seems the hardest part. I feel it's been a tad easier for me as I have a genetic disorder, so sort of grew up with it. I did eventually worsen quite a bit, so understood what some others have gone through; certainly not easy. It's trying to find the 'cans' you can still do, rather than the 'cannots'. :)
  • Paddyrooney62
    Paddyrooney62 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Options
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Paddyrooney62

Thanks for sharing your post, it's lovely to hear from you :) 

It can sometimes be hard to speak about your condition, so please don't apologise, you are free to comment whenever you like and it's okay that it's taken you a while to feel up to it.

Are you receiving support for your condition from your GP?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness