Hi, my name is Krystal1984_! I have ADHD — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Krystal1984_! I have ADHD

Krystal1984_
Krystal1984_ Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited May 2021 in Start here and say hello!

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I have adhd
    Hello and welcome to the community, how are you? 

Thank you for telling us about your ADHD, is it something you are managing effectively and receiving support for?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Krystal1984_ - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community. How are you today? :)
  • vfawcett4
    vfawcett4 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi @Krystal1984_hope your keeping well,, im new to this too,,welcome ?
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Krystal1984_ and welcome to the community :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Krystal1984_
    Thanks everyone, I’m just staring my journey agian to go back on medication I’m getting CBT . I’m 37 now and my life’s been a roller coaster with depression and substance abuse , ineaerly was killed in a violent attack .... I don’t have a career and struggled in relationships , without God and guidance back on this track dont no where I’d be. Has any one got any advice for me , groups things I can do ? I have a son 18 who has it and I’ve got 2 girls 2 /4 I want to be the best man I can be for them so seeking all help on my get well journey xx
  • Krystal1984_
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Krystal1984_ and a warm welcome to the community from me :) 

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been through in life, it certainly can be a rollercoaster can't it?  When you say you're on the journey back to getting medication, is this via your GP?  Make sure to keep them up to date with how you're feeling.  

Blimey, experiencing a violent attack must have been quite scary.  Did you report it at the time, and get enough support?  Please let us know if this is something you want help with  <3

Also, and I know I'm bombarding you with questions here  :D - but what kind of groups would you be interested in?  Scope have a free Support to Work service that can help people who are interested in getting back into employment, if that's something you want to explore.  While if you let us know your rough location we might be able to find some more local groups near to where you live.

Take care and I hope Monday is treating you well.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness