Hi, my name is Sofia_goncalves! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Sofia_goncalves!

Options
Sofia_goncalves
Sofia_goncalves Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 2021 in Start here and say hello!
Hi everyone, my name is Sofia and I am currently a university student doing a bachelor in social sciences. I was born with cerebral palsy and as a consequence of that I have a vision impairment (tunnel vision). I also have a lack of fine motor skills and spatial learning disabilities so its really hard for me to find my way around places; perceive distances etc...

Anyway, I would love to get in touch with this amazing community and get to know all of you!

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community ?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions you might like the coffee lounge for general discussions or our cp section there is also a cp virtual cafe held every 2 weeks 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Sofia_goncalves - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community, Sofia. Thank you for joining & telling us about yourself; I hope you're enjoying your studies. It must be difficult having tunnel vision together with difficulty perceiving distances. I have a genetic disorder + neurological issues (Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome associated with Chiari 1 Malformation), which includes poor proprioception (knowing where my joints are in space basically), so I'm constantly scanning in front of me to see where I'm going, which is quite tiring if in an unfamiliar place. My son, who has the same genetic disorder as myself, was found to have poor fine motor skills when he was about 20, so between us we might understand a little of your problems!
    I hope you enjoy being part of this group, & I look forward to seeing you around the forum. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @sofia_goncalves :) Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself, it's great to have you with us. 

Social science is a good choice! I did a social science degree too and really enjoyed it. How are you finding the course? 

We have plenty of members with CP here, as well as people with vision impairments and other conditions related to yours. You can view a full list of the categories of discussion we facilitate on this page. You might also like to take a look through our list of recent discussions, which shows you what our members are talking about right now. Additionally, one of the best places to chat with and get to know other members is the virtual coffee lounge, so you might like to have a browse through there too. 

Just in case you're interested, you might also like to check-out Scope and CP Sport's CP Cafe, which is for people with CP aged over 20. The cafe runs on fortnightly Mondays.

Please just give us a shout if you need anything.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Sofia_goncalves :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness