UC made a decision of LCWRA - will I go in the ESA support group? — Scope | Disability forum

UC made a decision of LCWRA - will I go in the ESA support group?

betty85 Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hey all, I am in both NESA and UC. I completed the work assessment with ESA but UC made decision which is LCWRA. I am just wondering will I also go into the support group of ESA or stay on the same rate ar £74.40. Its been a nightmare all of this and been fighting since October being told different things so hoping someone hear might know the answer. 


  • Cher_Inactive
    Cher_Inactive Posts: 4,414

    Scope community team

    edited May 26
    Hello @betty85 and welcome to our online community.  I hope you're having a nice day :)

    The UC decision will transition over in this situation and you'll get support group on ESA too. 

    UC made the decision because you're known as a 'dual claimant'.  It can take a while for UC and ESA to communicate when it goes from UC to ESA so it's worth calling ESA and informing them so they can check their systems.

    Please let us know if you have any other questions and fingers crossed for progress soon.  

    Just to add: I've tweaked the title of your thread incase other people have a similar question.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

    Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • betty85
    betty85 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you so much 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Member Posts: 3,332 Disability Gamechanger
    You will get ESA Support Group but the ESA will continue to be deducted from the UC payable so your total gain will be the LCWRA element (£343.63/month).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.