Hi, my name is steveo928! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is steveo928!

Options
steveo928
steveo928 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
Hi everyone, 

I've scrolled through some of the topics on here and thought I'd join & say hello! Hope we're all doing okay :)

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @steveo928 and welcome to our online community, it's always fab to see someone make their first post!  :)  How are things with you?  Do you have anything nice planned for the rest of today?

It sounds like you've had a good look around, and if you decide you want to get involved anywhere - be it our recent discussions or in one of our categories, then please do.  

If you have any questions, feel free to give us a shout.  And in the meantime, take care and enjoy the sunshine.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • steveo928
    steveo928 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Options
    @Cher_Scope thank you!

Things are okay today, I've had my first assessment with CMHT today after a lifetime of struggling so I feel a tad more positive that I'm going in the right direction and fingers crossed I'll get the support I want and need to cope. A little nervous about what will happen moving forward, and their potential diagnose so i'm just going to try and relax today! Maybe have a potter in the garden :) 

How are things with you? Hope you're having a relaxed day as much as possible?

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @steveo928 - & welcome to the community. It's good to read you are thinking positively & hopefully will get plenty of support. I'm doing OK, thank you, & also about to have a little potter in the garden whilst the weather is good. You might like to try our virtual 'Coffee lounge' too for some light hearted chat & some word games. Hope to see you around the forum. :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @steveo928

That's a great step to make after struggling for so long, you should be proud of yourself for what you've achieved today  <3  Oh, I love gardening too, in-fact I've just started a thread about gardening that you might like to read for some pointers.  

I'm well thank you, if a little warm!  I've had a productive day working and plan on nipping to the shop for some ice-lollies when I finish.  There's also the dreaded household chores to do but they can wait!

If you think it would help, and you feel comfortable to, you can always talk to us about your mental health.  We have a mental health category where our members share their experiences that you might be able to resonate with, and I really have my fingers crossed that your CMHT can offer support and bring some relief after what sounds like a rough time.

Take care and enjoy your garden!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness