Backdated lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Backdated lcwra

Options
nicn86
nicn86 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello, I’m hoping someone can help. I have posted on my journal 4 times in the last week and not received a response. 
Last September I claimed universal credit for the first time ever. From that time I’ve always told them I’m to ill to work. And backed that up with fit notes. In October last year (2020) I sent in my wca with evidence. I received a letter in my journal on the 7th of June 2021 ( so recently) to say I had been awarded lcwra. And any money owed should show up on my journal with in 7 days. It’s been longer: my statement is available to view on the 20th of each month ( I’ve been able to look today as the 20th falls on a Sunday) lcwra is on my statement. But zero mention of any backdated money. I was told it would be from when I sent in evidence ( that makes it October 2020) am I owed money? ( I believe I am) and if so why have I not received it?
thank you 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

It takes longer for the back payment to be made as they need to calculate it and get authorised and can take up to 8 weeks 

You should be backdated but not for first 3 assessment months after you reported the condition as these are waiting months and not paid 

So based on limited info around dates on your post the estimate 7s you should get backpay from Feb 

When you put in you'd journal mark it payment query but it is early days yet fir you to have got backpay despite them saying 7 days to let you know 
  • nicn86
    nicn86 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thank you very much for your reply. All this is so confusing lol 

Brightness