Euro 2020, what did you think of the tournament? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Euro 2020, what did you think of the tournament?

Options

Comments

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,432 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
          I don't think "it's coming home" anytime soon judging on that performance  :/
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,826 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Have faith lol, it ain't over till the large lady sings I couldn't say the f word as might be offensive 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Getting bored with all these draws, feels like the game was a waste of time.  I should probably only watch games that can end with penalties!  :D
  • cazza6565
    cazza6565 Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    Options
    As a glaswegian i am more than happy with last night's result. OverlyAnxious said:
    Getting bored with all these draws, feels like the game was a waste of time.  I should probably only watch games that can end with penalties!  :D
    I think 3 draws out of 21 games do far is very low 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    cazza6565 said:
    As a glaswegian i am more than happy with last night's result. OverlyAnxious said:
    I think 3 draws out of 21 games do far is very low 
    Is that all?  It's been 3 out of the 4 games that I've watched!  Sounds like I need to make better game choices in that case!  :D
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,432 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
            Maybe if the players found the passion their fans have we would see much better games  ;)
  • cazza6565
    cazza6565 Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    Options
    @OverlyAnxious it was 2 out of 3 draws yesterday alone lol. I apologise it's been  4 out of 21 as I forgot to add last night's late game. 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The neighbours were so loud I didn’t need to watch the match, just had updates from them :D 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    England were quite poor last night, well done to Scotland. Although I feel as though an England side that plays with tempo and purpose would have won that game, in the instances where they stepped up their intensity they created chances.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Options
    Very difficult watch last night, England lacked intensity, drive and the ability to create a clear cut chance. It's hard to see how they can go far in this tournament. With the greatest of respect, Scotland are the third lowest ranked side and we struggled to create anything, well done to Scotland though, great performance and were unlucky not to take all three points. I don't know why England played as sluggishly as they did, maybe the occasion got the better of them, for most it was their first game against Scotland, but I do think you also have to question some of the decisions made from the touch line. Foden was arguably our best outfield player and yet he was subbed in the second half :open_mouth: Oh well, a point is better than nothing and we must move onto the next game. Thank you. 
  • Sandy_123
    edited June 2021
    Options
    France and Hungary at 2 bbc1 if any one is intrested
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    I'll certainly be following along @Sandy_123, surely a France win? 

I agree with you @WestHam06, after the first two games it's hard to see England going far. I'm contemplating in my mind whether the slow build up and cautious approach is deliberate and planned, because it feels as though that's the way we've been playing for the whole season. I do wonder what happened to the site that was playing fast attacking football and hitting 5 past teams regularly in 2019.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    @Ross_Scope yes France are a good team, depends if players have been changed etc, 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Looks as though they haven't been @Sandy_123. I'm cheering for Hungary :) 

• Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Well well well, Hungary take the lead!

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Germany get two lucky own goals against Portugal, would you believe it.

Portugal should win this though. Maybe...?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Ross_Alumni
    Options
    I dunno @leeCal, the Germans seem on it today :) 

• leeCal
    Options
    I must admit they were forced errors @Ross_Scope, could be yet another draw.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Come on Germany

I have a small bet on Germany as I won a bit from them winning the World Cup :D 
  • leeCal
    Options
    Guess you won your bet then @66Mustang ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness