Happy Father's Day! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Happy Father's Day!

Options
Ross_Alumni
Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger

Happy Father's Day

Today is Father's Day so it's very much appropriate to give a shout out to all the dads, grandads and other father figures we have on the community and beyond. You all do a fabulous job and are very much appreciated. 

• How are you celebrating Father's Day? 
  • What does the father figure in your life mean to you?
  • Do you celebrate Father's Day as a father of a pet? An increasing trend
Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yay! Thanks for raising this today @Ross_Scope.
    ive had a sporty day so far, watched the final at Queens. A good tennis match featuring two good players one of which was British.

next I’m watching Wales versus Italy, should be a good match too.

had two phone calls from children and expecting another two, well maybe another one. And I received a lovely card, maybe more next week, they’re often late. 

So a nice day today really despite a slate grey sky. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sounds super @leeCal, I hope you've enjoyed the day so far and fingers crossed it gets even better!
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,434 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
         And a happy fathers day to all the dads we have lost but will be in our hearts forever  <3
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well said @vikingqueen.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,656 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @vikingqueen well said, only the second fathers day since we lost my dad and he's been in my thoughts all day.

Got a card from my son and heir, first one for a few years (mind you i did send him some money to buy it and post it !)
    Got a new wallet in the post from daughter and grandson (also a seperate card from Charlie who wrote it all by himself ).
    SM brought me some aftershave, so all in all did quite well.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness