How long after PIP phone assessment will I get my decision or payment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long after PIP phone assessment will I get my decision or payment?

estpow
estpow Community member Posts: 16 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi does anyone know how long after pip phone assesment will I get my decision or payment thankyou 

Comments

• Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Hi @estpow :smile:
    Unfortunately I don't think people here can tell you that? Because I think it's different for everyone? For example I got my decision about 10 days after my assessment but others have been waiting 3 months plus? I didn't get good news so maybe quicker decision isn't the best thing?!
    So you will probably next get a message from dwp saying they have received the report from assessment and will be contacting you within 8 weeks with decision? However they are dealing with a backlog at the moment so it is sometimes taking longer :disappointed: sorry its not more positive news!
    As for payment after decision again I believe that's different for everyone however I have seen quite a few times on here people have received payments in their banks before they had even got decision so that's a possibility? So that's a bit more positive I guess? :smile:
    Hope you get the decision you need asap! Take care and stay safe ???
  • estpow
    estpow Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    Thankyou all . Only had my assesment yesterday
  • Sammiecat75
    Sammiecat75 Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    Hi all i had my assessmemt on 17th june.i called the dwp on friday got a lovely girl she told me its with the decision makers as she could hear i was very upset and confused and waiting on the fone for over a hour..she said she will email the dept and try and get a decision for me quicker she said she would call me back as soon as she hears..so hopefuly i hear back soon. I hope we all have some news soon good luck all xx
  • MrsSam
    MrsSam Community member Posts: 16 Connected
    Hi all, I had my assessment on the 10th June and rang last Tuesday to request a copy of my report.  Whilst I was on the phone (after 1hr and 20min wait) I asked how long a decision was likely to take and the lady told me they were saying two weeks from last Tuesday as a rough estimate.  That could have been specific to my case but that would take it to almost 4 weeks post assessment which sounds reasonable.  The original claim was made on the 28th January, so its already been 22 weeks.  My report arrived on Friday.
  • Sammiecat75
    Sammiecat75 Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    Ur kinda simliar to me mines was 25th jan..never known anything to take as long in my life..i will just await my report and see what it says i have waited this long i can wait some more
  • MrsSam
    HI, I will post an update as a separate post in case it is useful for anyone but thought I would let you know here that I have received a payment from PIP this morning, although I haven't had the decision letter yet, so 20 days from the telephone assessment to the payment for me.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @MrsSam great news and thanks for sharing 

It is normal to get payment before letter as they are released at same time and bank transfer is quicker than post 
  • MrsSam
    janer1967, thank you for your reply, I can see next to your name you have posted 10,384 time, I am so impressed! 'disability gamechanger' seems like an apt title for you  :) I'm so sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but could you please tell me how to reply to someone specifically with the @ prefix to their name? Forums are clearly not my forte! (yet!)
  • Beesmummy798
    Beesmummy798 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    @MrsSam hi there. Could I ask a wee question to you please? How long after your telephone assessment did you get a text message saying they received your report. I only had mines on Monday so maybe early days. Hope you don't mind me asking on your thread x
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    To tag somebody @MrsSam, you need to type the @ symbol, and then start typing the person's username and it should show up in a list of options for you to click. 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • MrsSam
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Ayy, well done, smashed it @MrsSam :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • kellyloux
    kellyloux Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Hi there, I had my assessment via telephone on 3 August but haven’t heard anything yet how long after assessment does it take to hear of the decision it’s been 15 days so far but from the initial phone call to start my claim it’s been 22 weeks the waiting is adding to an already stressful time 
  • abbyk41
    abbyk41 Community member Posts: 96 Connected
    I had my phone assessment yesterday at 4pm and got text this morning that dwp have report is that a bad sign so quick 
  • Emilyb81
    @kellyloux it can take several months to get decision after assessment and as everyone is different theres no way to guess unfortunately! ☹️
    But at least you have had the assessment already so you are halfway there! Hope you get good news asap! ☀️
     @abbyk41 it doesn't mean anything really some people get report arrive in a day some a week i think again its about workloads of the person who is working on your assessment etc so i wouldn't worry yourself about it ? at least its there and they are dealing with your claim ? good luck with everything ??
  • effie678
    effie678 Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    I got my award 2 weeks after my assessment and had applied in January. Good luck
  • kitkat94
    kitkat94 Community member Posts: 34 Listener
    I guess it just depends on the person, I had an assessment on a Friday and received the money on the Wednesday which I was surprised about but usually you get the money before the letter so keep checking your bank account. 
  • Emilyb81
    I got decision in 8 days after assessment but others on here have taken months so I think its really down to the workload of the person who is dealing with your claim and how much information they have to go through etc?
    I hope you get the right decision sooner rather than later ??? 
  • kellyloux
    kellyloux Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Thank you all for feedback just a waiting game then really x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.