Euro 2020, what did you think of the tournament? - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Euro 2020, what did you think of the tournament?

Options

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well looks like I'm out of the sweepstake 
  • Katharine_Alumni
    Katharine_Alumni Community member, Scope Member Posts: 66 Courageous
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I was very bored watching England v Scotland. We were very lucky to scrape through! I did enjoy Portugal v Germany though and was impressed with Wales yesterday. Wonder what will happen tomorrow evening in Group D!
    Katharine McKnight
    Careers Adviser, Career Pathways
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hopefully England will take the opportunity to answer their critics (including me) with a positive performance @Katharine_Scope ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,826 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What do you all think about players getting covid etc
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Last minute win for Sweden this evening!!  Well done lads!  :D
  • euro
    euro Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    Options
    Just spotted this discussion.  Not really a big footy fan, but I feel like I've got my very own discussion  :D  
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Come on Hungary!

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Who would've guessed that neither France or Germany could win their matches last night!  :o

• cazza6565
    cazza6565 Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    Options
    Yeah I know . Last two games were Ronaldo scores first and Portugal don't win. Beat by Germany then a draw with France. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    England vs Germany, that'll be interesting to say the least.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • euro
    Options
    England vs Germany, that'll be interesting to say the least.
    It certainly will be in our household.  Ich bin von Deutschland and my husband is English.  I don't usually get too involved in football, but won't be missing that match!
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hi all, 
              Wow, what a night it was on Wednesday, still recovering from it :) And so as the knock out stage begins, please can I ask, does anyone have any feelings as to who may go all the way? There are some good teams going through who are playing some good football. Also, England vs Germany will be an interesting game and I'm not sure I could call it either way.  England are very cautions and I think Southgate's top priority is to keep a clean sheet, I think that's what has happened to the side @Ross_Scope, because arguably, we have more attacking quality players than we did back then but we're struggling to show this. The trouble with playing defensive like that is you have to be able to score and as was proven against Scotland, this is not always easy. It will also be interesting to see how Wales fare against Denmark, who have become a second team for many people given the circumstances that they, as a team, have faced. Thank you. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Wow, certainly going to be a tense evening under your roof on Tuesday @euro :)  At least someone will be happy regardless.

At the moment @WestHam06 I fancy the Italians or France, Italy because they've been the best so far and France because they just have by far the best squad. How about you?

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    I'm looking 4ward to Tuesday might even buy a shirt
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sad to see wales are out conor Roberts lives in my village but he tried lol one of own cant fault that 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    I'd agree with that @mikehughescq, the win against Turkey looks good on paper but in reality they were the worst team at the competition and fell well below expectations. 

Other than the brilliant assist by Bale in that Turkey game, he didn't really have much impact at all, it's clear to see his drop off from five years ago.

• Sandy_123
    Options
    Its a tense game tonight with france and Switzerland anyone watching it
  • euro
    Options
    On the edge of my seat - routing for rhe underdog.
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    @euro god I want Switzerland to get 1 more goal 8m shouting at tv
  • euro
    Options
    Soooo tense! Come on ?? 

Brightness