Have I received my first payment of the LCWRA component on the correct date? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have I received my first payment of the LCWRA component on the correct date?

cwatson0000
cwatson0000 Community member Posts: 56 Connected
edited June 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi there. I was recently awarded LCWRA at the end of April. I was told I would have to wait 3 months from April to receive the extra component? But now I have also seen on forums that you get LCWRA component added on your 4th month that you provided your first sick note? This would be the case for me. I provided a fit note beginning of March 2021 and had my assessment in April when they awarded me LCWRA. I logged into my journal this morning and it says my payment for this month has the extra component added for the first time. Have they made a mistake? I haven’t waited 3 months since April when I was awarded LCWRA however this would be 4 months since I first provided medical evidence (my first fit note) I’m honestly very confused. If anyone could help me that would be very appreciated? Is LCWRA component added to your money 3 months from the first day you give evidence such as a fit note or once you’ve had your work assessment later on? 

Many thanks,
connor.

:))
Tagged:

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Hi @cwatson0000 and a warm welcome to our online community.

It is very confusing, I agree!  Would you be able to tell us the dates of your assessment period?  LCWRA begins after 3 full assessment periods and then you receive payment at the end of the fourth. So if we can have those dates, we can help work out whether the payment date is correct.

Just to let you know, I've amended the title of your thread to make your question more visible to our other members.

Thank you and I hope you're having a nice Thursday :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • cwatson0000

Hi there,

Thank you so much for the warm welcome :smile: it’s really nice to be on a forum where I’m not going to be judged for being on benefits due to ill health! :smiley:

Assessment period: 24 February to 23 March 2021
    Assessment period: 24 March to 23 April 2021
    Assessment period: 24 April to 23 May 2021
    *CURRENT* Assessment period: 24 May to 23 June 2021

I suppose as you can see this is my 4th assessment period to be paid at the end of this month. My payment day is the 30th June. But I only had an assessment in April? When I originally made my claim online I did say YES to having a health condition that affects me working and provided a fit note. 

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Your payment will be correct you are paid on the 4th assessment period from when you reported the condition not from assessment or decision date 
  • cwatson0000
    Wow thank you! I’m very happy will this :) 
  • cwatson0000
    Just a quick question, does the same apply to UC in Northern Ireland? That’s where I am. My statement does say the extra component is added for this month, however in my journal some time ago one of the agents for UC said that the 3 full assessment periods begin once the LCWRA award is added to your claim. I’m guessing they made a mistake? 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

I'm not sure if same in ni but would presume so if the payment is on your statement it will be paid 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Just a quick question, does the same apply to UC in Northern Ireland? That’s where I am. My statement does say the extra component is added for this month, however in my journal some time ago one of the agents for UC said that the 3 full assessment periods begin once the LCWRA award is added to your claim. I’m guessing they made a mistake? 
    Am sure that's incorrect - the rule is, to the best of knowledge, the same throughout UK and three month 'relevant period' will be the three full monthly periods following the notification of the health condition. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.