Kaleidoscope — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Kaleidoscope

Options
craftyarts
craftyarts Community member Posts: 19 Connected
I am saddened there has been very few posts and they are years old ! I would love to see this section flourish as I am a trained art and craft teacher and taught children from age 2 to 100 year olds ! With many many disabilities as I taught in a psychiatric hospital to children in a special school for physical disabilities and then adults with physical disabilities.
Having a art exhibition in the stock exchange in London selling clients art work ! 
Art can be very liberating and can help with hand eye co-ordination and manual dexterity , although head bands can also help with head control . Please don’t say you can’t draw a straight line because few drawings require a straight line and there are so many mediums that you can use . 
A true story a client of mine threw anything they could get their hands on for 6 months he did not wish to do art ! It got to Christmas and all his friends were rolling tissue paper balls and he was asked to help them which he did …..and then he started to do some art . I moved centre and we had a big open day and he came to see me which I was rather surprised at ….so I enquired why I deserved a visit ?  Well I was blown away with his response he had just been commissioned to paint the fronts of un let  shops in a new shopping centre . He said it was the best experience of his life ! 
If anyone needs a help please get in contact …I am not a knitter or crotchet but I do know someone who can crochet so they could possibly help ! 
If you get good you can sell your work but first you have to inform the DSS and it comes under therapeutic earnings. You are allowed to earn £20 a week which does not affect your benefits. I hope people have found this interesting? 

Comments

• yvonne2612
    yvonne2612 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi. I'm a new member and dabble in painting, crocheting and knitting.Here is a jumper I knitted 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Many of our members enjoy art in all it's forms, & it can help anyone disabled or not. Art enriches our lives.

• craftyarts
    craftyarts Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Options
    I apologise I see some more recent threads but they are not the first threads that  appear which gives the impression that it is.not active . Plus I suppose as I know how many enjoy art and crafts for all kinds of benefits and pleasure. I personally would like it to be absolutely buzzing, sharing techniques and showing ones work giving advice to help someone develop.  Some of the items were absolutely beautiful I have ro say . However  this is my personal opinion on rje overview of a newbie and I am sorry if you have been upset by it . 
  • elaine02
    elaine02 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Options
    I find this site hard to use I’m 64 not very tec I still not sure if I’m doing it right 
    just thought to show some more of my needle felts  some people like to see them this hobby is very good for the mind
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @elaine02 I had to look twice at your photo then, I could have sworn the little mice were real! How life like. Well done to you, you're clearly very talented at needle felts.

If you want to add any future photos to our 'bumper arts thread', please visit our KaleidoScope thread and upload your photo just as you have here. If anything is a struggle, be sure to ask for help or email the community team at community@scope.org.uk

Thank you for making me smile this afternoon! Best wishes.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,502 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Fantastic talent on here
  • WelshBlue
    WelshBlue Community member Posts: 734 Pioneering
    Options
    @elaine02 ... woah.  That's a crazily good talent you have.  I know I'd shriek walking into a room and seeing those ... the shudder I had is a compliment to your work
  • elaine02
    Options
    Hello @elaine02 I had to look twice at your photo then, I could have sworn the little mice were real! How life like. Well done to you, you're clearly very talented at needle felts.

If you want to add any future photos to our 'bumper arts thread', please visit our KaleidoScope thread and upload your photo just as you have here. If anything is a struggle, be sure to ask for help or email the community team at community@scope.org.uk

Thank you for making me smile this afternoon! Best wishes.

• elaine02
    Options

Brightness