Has anyone been unsuccessful with PIP MR after receiving a phone call from the DM? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anyone been unsuccessful with PIP MR after receiving a phone call from the DM?

skintwithcancer
skintwithcancer Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi,

I have been lurking around here for a few months reading everyone's experiences with their Mandatory Reconsiderations, hoping I'd get a better insight. 

This morning I received a phone call from the DWP decision-maker asking me questions ( I am guessing to clarify what I wrote in my MR letter). I have seen from other posts that people have been told during these phone calls that their MR has been successful, was just wondering if anyone had had a phone call and have been unsuccessful with their MR? I don't want to get my hopes up.

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @skintwithcancer

Welcome to the community, thanks for your question. 

That's not something I've had experience of myself, nor do I recall any specific stories of that happening but that doesn't mean it hasn't. 

How do you think the call went?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • skintwithcancer
    skintwithcancer Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for responding. 

It was very hard to gauge as the DM was extremely monotonous in her tone, spent around 10 mins on the phone with me and then proceeded to state that I would hear back within a week. Most people I have seen on here have stated that the DM who called them had been much more forthcoming with information. 
  • Sammiecat75
    Sammiecat75 Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    I received my fone call asking me the name of my hospital..lady was lovely this was on monday..she told me she was dealing with my claim amd she was awarding me..i still havent got letter as she was doing it monday..so heres another waiting game..good luck all with theirs
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 542 Pioneering
    @Sammiecat75, how long from sending off your MR to receiving your call from them?
    I know not everyone gets a call, but it might give me a bit of a time frame, as they say about 8 weeks I think.
  • ncor
    ncor Community member Posts: 88 Pioneering
    My MR request was followed by a phone call a few weeks after, lady on the phone asked me a few questions about the descriptors I was disputing, I went into detail about each of them. She said I would hear back within a week.

The following week I received a letter stating that they were upholding the original decision. 

I then got in contact with welfare rights who lodged an appeal for me with no additional evidence.

DWP rang back within 2 weeks and awarded me 10 extra points on mobility therefore entitling me to enhanced mobility, which meant I didn’t have to go to tribunal.

Hope this helps.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 542 Pioneering
    Thankyou @ncor. So pleased you finally got it. 
  • Christianuk
    Christianuk Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Hi all  i have done a MR letter and recieved that they will look into my MR on the 13th feb 2024 just after 2pm recieved 2 phone calls 15 minutes apart  i ger a random call 0800 last 061 ending  i was in a panic mode and and short of breath the assesor asked few questions 
    Such as  looking into my MR specificly on ( activity 12 planing  a journey ) on mobility part explaining my difficulties.and not intending to drive unless noone can drive me due to the pains and my severe depression
    Then she qsked abour naming my bank 
    And asked me about my condition
     Then she also asked how do i get to the doctors  which explained i get droped off by brother in law and my partner comes with me for my asdurance and help that i need 
     Second call
    Asked me.abiur my gp adderess  which i clearly havent changed and they have the old gp details 

Lastly she told me.decission will be made in 10 days

Has anyone else had similsr issue and ehat was the outcome .am worried and in shock lack of sleep as not sure if i covered all details as some i details i forgot to mention  due to the panic i forget things 

Would really appreciate  if anyone experienced would be great to share 

Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Christianuk
    Christianuk Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Hi all could some plint me at the right firection  to appeal against or after MR what is the next stage 

Also does anyone help with forms  someone knows how to do it and  fill in as clearly done the MR i have dobe and missed alot of parts not mentioned and not been awarded 

Would ve very kind gor any advice
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi all could some plint me at the right firection  to appeal against or after MR what is the next stage 

Also does anyone help with forms  someone knows how to do it and  fill in as clearly done the MR i have dobe and missed alot of parts not mentioned and not been awarded 

Would ve very kind gor any advice
    Your next stage is to request the Tribunal. You can do that online here. submit-appeal

We can't physically help with the forms or tell you exactly what you should write because we don't know anything about how your conditions affect you.

I'd advise you to speak to an advice agency near you and they should be able to help you going forward. This link will tell you what agency is local to you. https://advicelocal.uk/welfare-benefits
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.