Hi, my name is RoddyMusicTherapy! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is RoddyMusicTherapy!

Options
RoddyMusicTherapy
RoddyMusicTherapy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi All,
Great to have found my way here! As you might guess, I am a trained (Nordoff-Robbins) music therapist with 12 years professional experience. I am also an advanced trainee in 'Bonny Method of Guided Imagery and Music', a form of receptive music therapy. I am interested in volunteering my services to those to whom the might be of value and I live in London. I am a performer (violin, accordion and voice) composer and teacher. I had in the past a very happy and rewarding experieince working with someone with CP at a school at which I work and would like to develop my knowledge and experience further working with people within the CP community. I don't know quite how this site works (I am OLD.... 74) but trust I will get the hang of it soon.

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @RoddyMusicTherapy

Welcome to the community, what a fascinating career you have. 

Thanks for introducing yourself, I'm sure you will get used to navigating the community the longer you spend here, but if you have any questions then don't hesitate to ask.

I'm curious - What would you say is your favourite thing about music therapy?

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • RoddyMusicTherapy
    RoddyMusicTherapy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi Ross, no short answer but I'll try! Training in Nordoff-Robbins music therapy changed my whole approach to music and broadened my range a long way beyond the classical repertoire in which I was trained. Bonny method has greatly deepened my listening and given me many profound experiences. I find working with others in this field most rewarding.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @RoddyMusicTherapy -  & welcome to the community. Thank you for joining & saying a little about yourself. Your music therapy looks very interesting, & it's great you have worked with someone with CP, & hope to do so again. I'm sure this work must be most rewarding. It's good to have you here with us all. :)

Brightness