Hi, my name is alibobs1313! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is alibobs1313!

alibobs1313
alibobs1313 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I’ve spent the past almost two years trying to leap over the obstacles put in my path for trying to claim Universal credit/lcwra and PIP. I’m now at the end of an incredibly anxiety ridden time of my life and am being awarded all which I am entitled to. I have mental illnesses.  Through these processes I believe that I have information which may help other people trying to claim and make their experience easier than mine has been. If I can help in any way I will. Thanks. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

We always encourage people to share their experiences with us and I am sure you can help others 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    Hi @alibobs1313,.Did you have to take the PIP entitlement to a First Tier Tribunal?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @alibobs1313 - & welcome to the community. I'm sorry claiming UC & PIP has been a struggle, but very pleased you got there. Thank you for joining, & for your offer of help, which is appreciated. It's through sharing what we've learnt that hopefully other members get helped. :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @alibobs1313

Welcome to the community and thank you for introducing yourself, I hope you are well today.

Well done for continuing to fight and eventually getting what you are entitled to, however I'm sorry that it was such a stressful experience for you that impacted your mental health. How is your mental health at the minute now that the process is over?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness