Hi, my name is kellylouise08! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is kellylouise08!

kellylouise08
kellylouise08 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
HELLO EVERYONE IM KELLY, I HAVE BIPOLA DISORDER, FUNCTIONAL NEUROLIGICAL DISORER, SOCIAL PHOBIA AND AGORAPHOBIA. I THINK THAT COVERS EVERYTHING LOL 
IM 39 YEARS OLD 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kellylouise08 - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community. Thank you for joining & saying about yourself. I hope you enjoy being part of this forum. :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kellylouise08

Welcome to the community, I hope you enjoy being here and are finding your way around okay :) 

Thank you for telling us a bit about yourself, I hope you are receiving all the support you need to manage those conditions.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • kellylouise08
    thankyou.
    yes i have alot of support my mum is my main career, 
  • kellylouise08
    i do have a question if you are able to answer?
    i only noticed recently that i have not be paid the daily living part of p.i.p , i have just filled out an upto date pip form that asked me to look back to 2016 is this because of the law change and people not being awarded the points?
  • chiarieds
    Hi @kellylouise08 - the DWP said they would contact those that may have been affected by the PIP case law change concerning 'overwhelming psychological distress' in regards to the mobility descriptor 'Planning & following a journey.' Were either of those phrases mentioned? When were you awarded PIP, & what awards (if any) did you get for each component (daily living & mobility)?
  • kellylouise08
    good morning i was diagnosed in 2011 and had enhanced rate dla for both then moved to pip and was awarded the enhanced mobility and care but in 2018 i had interview and had a seizure so it was not compleated as was taken to hospital but i was only awarded the mobility enhanced and nothing for daily even though i was having seizures and full care from my mum. i have been really unwell since 2018 and only recently relised this,

• kellylouise08
    it mentioned about mental health and struggling with face to face situations and had a list of all the possibly medical diagnosis which might be eligable 
  • chiarieds
    Hi @kellylouise08 - what you mention is about another change to PIP case law concerning the descriptor 'Engaging with other people face to face.' It applies to those who had a decision made between 6 April 2016 & 17 Sept 2020 where a change in points may mean someone would get the standard rate for the daily living component, or get this standard rate increased to the enhanced.
    So you definitely fit into this timescale, tho I'm surprised you weren't reassessed in 2018 as your assessment then wasn't completed due to you having a seizure.
    I'm sorry you have been so unwell since, just realising you didn't have an award for the daily living component. Would you kindly let us know the outcome, as this will be of interest to some other members who have been asking if the DWP will contact them about these case law changes, thank you.
  • kellylouise08
    thankyou for your support and yes of course i will, i have managed to find all my hospital, consultant and other medical evidence which i have sent along with my renewal form.

Brightness