Hi, my name is tjeds1960! I get really shy, so looking to chat. Unsure whether to continue shielding — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is tjeds1960! I get really shy, so looking to chat. Unsure whether to continue shielding

Options
tjeds1960
tjeds1960 Community member Posts: 3 Connected
edited July 2021 in Start here and say hello!
Hi everyone, I'm new here,feeling a bit shy but would love to make friends and have chats and fun.i get really shy and find it hard to talk at times,really fed up at mo and worried about covid as dont know whether to shield or go out and get on with it.im very vulnerable but I've had both jabs.anyone else feeling the same?tina
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

There has just been another post about this if you look in recent discussions think it's titled freedom day 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • tjeds1960
    tjeds1960 Community member Posts: 3 Connected
    Options
    Thanks,I'm not sure wot I'm doing on here,.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you scroll down you will see quick links menu 

Click on recent discussions to see the latest posts if you want to read them click on the title 

If you want to comment scroll down to the comments box enter your comments then click on post reply 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @tjeds1960 and a warm welcome from me on this sunny day. How are you doing?

It's lovely to meet you and this is the perfect place to make virtual friends and get support. As @janer1967 said, another member has started a 'freedom day' thread today in which they share similar feelings and worries to you, so you aren't alone. I know this is an issue impacting lots of disabled people and the easing of restrictions brings with it lots of questions and unfortunately, some fear and discomfort. Ultimately, it's a personal decision as to what to do and it sounds like you've been as proactive as possible having both vaccines. Have you been managing to get food and shopping ok?

Please let me know if you need any help navigating around the community.  And, feel free to join in wherever you like (we're a friendly bunch, I promise!  :) ).  One nice spot to start off with is our virtual coffee lounge where chat is light-hearted, varied and sometimes we have a giggle. 

Take care and speak again soon.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @tjeds1960

Welcome to the community, great to see you join us and I hope you enjoy being here.

Are you able to enjoy the weather at all? It's so warm isn't it?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness