Hi, my name is Edikiey! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Edikiey!

Edikiey
Edikiey Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited July 2021 in Start here and say hello!
Biggest impact hate change  especially my routine with disability  
miss seeing my cousin  and friends 
miss all my daly activities like swimming and youths 
trying to make use in lockdown with online activities and session that kept me busy for a bit but Understand to slow the spread yes is important 

Tried working from home but I prefer working the office I’m by my self 
Tagged:

Comments

• Edikiey
    Edikiey Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Think wearing mask  which I’m not a fan off but to keep people safe continue or face sheild and distancing 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Edikiey - & welcome to this friendly community.  :)  I'm sorry things are difficult for you due to the pandemic. I understand you miss seeing your cousin & friends as I miss seeing my daughter & 3 grandchildren. It's good you have been doing online activities; what have you been doing?
    I'm continuing to wear a mask as well on the few occasions I go anywhere, & my son who works in a shop is doing so as well. As you say, it's a sensible thing to do, if possible, to keep ourselves & others safe.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

I will still be wearing a mask in public places 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Edikiey and welcome to our online community, how's your Saturday going so far?

I'm sorry to hear the pandemic has impacted you taking part in activities you enjoy, have you been able to keep in touch with your cousin and friends over the internet and things like FaceTime?  Having online communities, events and groups to join in with has been a real support for many, and although I know it's not the same as social contact, make sure to lean on these and keep looking for opportunities!  

Personally, I've decided to carry on wearing a facemask too to protect both me, my bump (I'm pregnant  :) ) and those around me.  It's important to do what you think is right and keep yourself safe, as you say.

If you ever fancy a virtual chat, feel free to drop by and visit us.  If you haven't already checked out our virtual coffee lounge, perhaps drop by and have a friendly natter one day.

Have a lovely Saturday and take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness