Hi, my name is DM6789! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is DM6789!

Options
DM6789
DM6789 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, thanks for reading.

I am a newly diagnosed adult with ASD. Getting this diagnosis in my early 30s has been a bit of a strange ride, but i feel i have accepted it now as part of who i am. Currently going through a PIP tribunal, which is a lot of fun!

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
    Good luck for the tribunal 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @DM6789 - welcome to this friendly & supportive community. We have several members like yourself who received an ASD diagnosis as adults. You seem to have taken it in your stride, & yes, it's part of who you are, & a positive & important part. :)
    Sorry you're having to go through a tribunal for PIP, but the good news is the success rate for these is currently good. As Jane says, let us know if you have any questions.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @DM6789 and a welcome from me to our online community.  How are you doing today?

I can understand how getting an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) diagnosis as an adult was a bit of a strange one for you, however it's great to hear you've now accepted it and I hope it also brought some relief with it and a greater understanding of what makes you, you  <3  We have other members who received an ASD diagnosis as adults and you can read some of their experiences in our Autism and Asperger's category - maybe you'll be able to relate to their words?

Fingers crossed for your PIP tribunal outcome.  We have a PIP category if you want to ask for any advice/get support along the way - do you have anyone currently supporting you with your claim?

I look forward to speaking with you some more on the community, and hope you have a fab weekend whatever your plans are :)  Take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness