Video Games - Page 17 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Video Games

Options

Comments

• Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    Options
    Really enjoying my new PS5. loving the better loading speeds and the better frame per second. Graphics are also brilliant.
    Currently playing the Village. It's different from the others in the series, but it's very good. 
  • t0nkys
    t0nkys Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
    Options
    I finally got a ps5 too, I’m addicted to fallout 76 at the moment
  • Dragonslayer
    Options
    I'm downloaded god of was on my ps5. it was a ps4 version that the ps5 automatically upgraded to ps5. I've played it before on my ps4 on disc, but traded tit in a while ago. It's incredible how much better the graphics are now along with the loading speeds and the frames per second going up from 40 to 60 extra make it look like a whole new game. The same will happen with my ps4 copy of Ghost of Tsushima. I will wait until 20th of this month before playing that when the extra upgrade arrives 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    THat's what I've noticed about any PS4 games released as a PS5 version @Dragonslayer, and even when just playing PS4 games that haven't been upgraded, the loading times are so much better and graphics / frame rate look improved. 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Dragonslayer
    Options
    @Ross_Scope
    The PS5 is much better than I thought it would be. I'm really looking forward to some of the games that are coming out early next year and playing my PS4 games on it, until they do. They look so much better.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    They certainly do @Dragonslayer

Me and a couple of friends were playing old PS3 games over the weekend and were surprised by how terrible the graphics and frame rate were by comparison. 

We've certainly come a long way 

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,597 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Bump

I’m really enjoying World of Warcraft at the moment

Whats everyone else playing?
  • Shastus
    Shastus Community member Posts: 65 Courageous
    Options
    Sadly my Xbox 360s packed up loved playing golf games it packed up just before pandemic tried to fix it but worked for a day now it’s brown bread sadly cost to much to replace so won’t be getting another oh well plenty books to read.
  • jasonholder8855
    jasonholder8855 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    I like to play video game is Osu! and this is one of the most addicting game ever. Im currently using a 144 hz monitor and the game-play was smooth as hell. I would really recommend someone this game especially the person love playing and listen to music at the same time.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @jasonholder8855

I'm not sure what game you're referring to there, I can't work out what it stands for :) Your monitor sounds really good though, must be a delight to play games on.

• Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Just going to share this here in case there is anybody interested :) 

Power Up and Play is Scope’s new fundraising event, built for streamers and gamers alike. 

Designed in collaboration with disabled gamers, Power Up and Play shines a light on the importance of accessibility and the power of inclusion.

Whether you play to beat your best score, to relax or to share your unique experience of gaming, there’s an activity or challenge for you.

Watch the trailer for Power Up and Play below, and visit this page for further information and details of how you can get involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnT-QnyCbmM

• NickDev
    NickDev Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    Options
    Interesting initiative. As a game developer, I think it sounds interesting.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    NickDev said:
    Interesting initiative. As a game developer, I think it sounds interesting.
    Good to hear you find it interesting :) 

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,597 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would be quite tempted to do a 24 hour game play, or even 12, as I used to like playing games for ages, but now struggle to stay occupied for more than 30 mins or so. It would be a bit of a challenge for me.

In the past I would have paid the sponsorship money out of my own pocket just to be allowed to play for 24 hours :D :smile:

The only issue I have is I don’t have anyone who could or would sponsor me :D maybe I will sponsor someone else instead. I am keen on hearing how the person who is completely blind plays video games. That sounds really interesting. 
  • ScoliFibroGirl
    ScoliFibroGirl Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    Options
    Hi All, you are welcome to add me on my PSN lanabanana86 although at the moment, I am not it at the moment as I haven't got the console up and running as I have just moved back home.
  • Emily54636072
    Emily54636072 Community member Posts: 84 Courageous
    Options
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've just watched the trailer for the new Call of Duty...  Have had most of them so far but this one looks like it might be a bit too violent/gory for me sadly.  If anyone does get it as soon as it comes out, would be good to hear if the actual game is like that or if it's just been enhanced for the trailer!

I know it sounds weird liking CoD but not violence lol...  I'm alright with long range guns picking out enemies across a map etc, just things like close up 'finishing moves'/melee/gore that I can't deal with!
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Hi everyone 
    Hello and welcome to the community, are you a video game fan?

I've just watched the trailer for the new Call of Duty...  Have had most of them so far but this one looks like it might be a bit too violent/gory for me sadly.  If anyone does get it as soon as it comes out, would be good to hear if the actual game is like that or if it's just been enhanced for the trailer!

I know it sounds weird liking CoD but not violence lol...  I'm alright with long range guns picking out enemies across a map etc, just things like close up 'finishing moves'/melee/gore that I can't deal with!
    I get what you mean, it's sometimes good to enjoy shooters but without having the gore and violence that can come with them. I've never really gotten into the COD games, they seem to come out way too often

• Penybont
    Penybont Community member Posts: 40 Connected
    Options
    Hi,

xbox gamer here mostly play  single player RPG’S sometimes mmorpg like eso, Neverwinter and Star Trek online. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Penybont said:
    Hi,

xbox gamer here mostly play  single player RPG’S sometimes mmorpg like eso, Neverwinter and Star Trek online. 
    Sounds good, do you have the next gen Xbox?

Brightness