freedom programme/ domestic violence/ victims of Assaults. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

freedom programme/ domestic violence/ victims of Assaults.

melx
melx Community member Posts: 8 Listener
i would like to chat with victims of assault or domestic violence whom have been able to break free, like myself and start a fresh. 
I like many had support. for the best and Attended a program. Freedom programme. I thought of all myself wouldnt acceot this. but the more i artended the more i realised the issues and that i wasnt alone. and what domestic violence consists of trauma in mant ways to millions. u are not alone and never feel to weak but accept u can be strong enough. i thought never would i be whaer i am today. and the difference i felt feel especially my little boys. feeling best i have eva. and there millions like me think wont work! there Hope i promise u that x

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Here's a link to the Freedom programme mentioned by @melx - & thank you for sharing what has helped you.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @melx

Thanks for posting and sharing a bit of your story. I am sorry to hear about what you went through and were the victim of, but I'm glad to hear that you received support and appear to be in a positive frame of mind at the moment. 

Hopefully others will be able to see your story and perhaps feel a bit less lonely, and maybe encouraged into seeking help if they have been a victim of such things. 

You mention that you received support following the abuse, is that support still ongoing or was this all in the past? If you ever do feel as though you need further support for this, you can access services through places like Refuge or find out further information about alternate support through Citizens Advice.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness