Hi, my name is ezzy! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is ezzy!

Options
ezzywilson
ezzywilson Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi my name is Ezzy! I have EDS and very little support around me. Sometimes I just want someone to understand how much I have no control over. Things like this scare me but I'm trying to be open.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

We have other members with the same condition who hopefully will be able to help you
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ezzy and welcome to the community, good to see you join us. 

You've done great in speaking about hwo you feel, sometimes it can help to get it off your chest and have conversations with people so I'm glad you've taken this step. 

You said you have little support around you at the moment, are you just referring to people outside of your GP or health professional? I do hope you are receiving all the support you need to manage your EDS from those health professionals.

I'm sure being on the community will benefit you, this is a very supportive and welcoming place.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @ezzywilson :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community from me too @ezzywilson :) Have you had a chance to take a look around yet? There's no pressure, but please just give us a shout if you need anything. 

You might like to start by taking a look at our list of the most recent discussions on the community, or by viewing the list of categories of discussion we have here.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ezzywilson - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community. I also have EDS (the hypermobile type), as do my children & grandchildren. There are quite a few of us with EDS in the community, so you will find myself, & others will have some understanding. Very nice to 'meet' you. :)

Brightness