Hi, my name is Garry, I join this site to learn and understand more has I have c.o.p.d. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Garry, I join this site to learn and understand more has I have c.o.p.d.

loop
loop Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi, my name is Garry, I join this site to learn and understand more has I have c.o.p.d.     am on e.s.a. and this U credit and p.i.p. mobilty n daily liven on low rate. this unversay  credit sent message in my journey to go to KFC  for work . i send in sick note each time i get from my dr  every few month and also they want me to attand a work forece fair. they ask me has my c.o.p.d. gone yet each month they ring me.  i lost my mum nov  and now lost my partner  feb just gone this year. not had time to grevie has always on phone for full days at time sorting thing with dr and opintment and unversal credit  plus  council ect its doing my head in now. just want to know do i have to risk my health to go to kfc has to what u credit say. they  just pay me rent to council  rest is from e.a.s.   and p.i.p. just  fell like giving up  the  tummy pain i have is  erinor the hospital say i have have probs with dr has hospital say go on waiting list see dr my dr say no  live with it. so everywere i go get treat like dirt. ps i dont smoke befor anyone has a pop has fed up peeps saying about smoking i dont smoke.  i struggle sleeping up all  hours wake up sleep wake up soo on  i hate  it and its stressfull.

Comments

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Maybe you should ask about WCA?
    if following an assessment you’re placed in the LCWRA group UC would no longer ask you to prepare or look for work.

• loop
    i dont  no what is wca or lcwra as new here sorry for been a newbie, i have keep telling unversay credit they can  check all my medical records i give them a written letter if have too. reason why i went to uc is the council said i have to claim houseing  benfit from  uc not them. but i use too just dont no why  since partner diead feb 22 this year was told to go to uc from council. i keep asking how long i send in sick nots to e.s.a. and tell uc no one told me out. kfc for a job in hot kitchen when copd and on pip realy this world is so so   wrong.  i worked all my life till started struggling 2018 but disnosed march 2020 has  i  wanted to work but struggle in end now have a heat condtion   had 2 heart attack and stressed out if uc stop my rent payments dont want to be homeless like i was befor

• Cress
    I think the best thing you could do is ring welfare rights or CAB who will be able to explain and help, if necessary with your benefits. Far better then me! lol, although hang around we have many knowledgeable people here

It may be that you will be assessed as having Limited capability for work or work related activities.

Which will mean UC will turn off your commitments, leaving you in peace

good luck!

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    @loop Hi Garry and welcome to scope, i'm sorry you are having a rough time of it my friend, couple of points if you need to talk to someone smaritans are open 24/7 tele 116-123.
    To get your benefits sorted i would suggest contacting either welfare rights or citizens advice (CAB), you would be able to sit down with someone and get everything explained to you.
    I should also add my sympathy for your losses it must be very difficult for you.
    If we can be of further help I would suggest that you come back here tomorrow.
    Take care mate.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• loop
    cab been on to them few time in pass about thing and reported them higher up has uc told me  to ask me dr for  a lung tranplant cab sorted that out for me has i let them see my journel to see what they put anyway i email cab again. has they already dealing with 4 case for me. has 2013 when i was on min wage working job cwenter sorted working tax now  they  wanting it all back from 11 year working on min wage to 2018 when i can out work. plus uc only paid 174 for a month rent they  still sorting that for  me from  march . anyway  emailed cab i know that word lol. thanks both of you for infor
  • Cress
    As @woodbine says,take care of yourself and I hope you get things sorted.

• loop
    finaly  took 2y to sort.cizten advice was useless. went to a solictor in endto getit sorteduc apolgized and offerme £75 compo for what they said about a transplant.  was happy justto getmoneys sorted  caught up with rents. still fighing case  on some other things on going.  I  now wasgiven wrong medsfrommy drin cottlast year wasin hospitalhull round xmas damage liver  i daughter put posting in cottingham group   dec. was lucky to be here.  just dont trust any place at all now.    the  1stpost i finaly got sorted 2y took some persons areain the wrong jobs
  • loop
    i  learned if wantout sorting do it self, tuff world, still fighting some case even to day with no help
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry it took so long but glad to hear the first part was sorted. Can I ask, is there anyway the community can support you with the case you are still fighting? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • loop
    citazan advice was trying to sort but never hear out back from whe they write to the working tax. mhas they taking it outoff my7 moneys i wason min wage seasonaland job center sorted it and  got 70 somthing for working tax. just working tax and paid full rent. now working tax wantit all back  11yoff working  on min wage i  was on. so last 3y working i didnot claim it  and paid full rent n bill full on min wage. defo loads betteroff not working. anyway they taking moneys of my benfits so that main i got no help on min wage job center advice and they sortedit was wrong     i go back to hospital for operation on herina in 3 to 4 weeks and trwsted bowls no 4on the list so am told so got other thing sort me health

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear your health isn't great. I do hope it all gets sorted for you quickly! 

If you need to keep your mind off things, please join us in the Coffee Lounge. It's where we play games, have debates and sharing our interests :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness