Hi, my name is YCHOWDEN! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is YCHOWDEN!

YCHOWDEN
YCHOWDEN Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, i have T2 diabetes, asthma, allergies and a chronic skin condition. I endure daily pain and difficulties sleeping and managing daily tasks. 

Have joined the group for some support. Have just lost my little Westie and am feeling very low and sad.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 
    Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your dog 

We are very friendly hereband hope to see you around 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @YCHOWDEN :) Thanks so much for joining, and for sharing a bit about yourself. 

Are you receiving enough support for your conditions? You've mentioned being in pain daily, so I'm wondering whether it'd be worth speaking to your doctor to see if there's anything else they can do to help you manage your pain.

Are you managing your diabetes okay? Do you have regular contact with a nurse or doctor?

I'm also really sorry to hear about the loss of your Westie. Would you like to share any happy memories you have with them? That can sometimes help in remembering the good times, and how lucky you both were to have each other.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • atlas47
    atlas47 Community member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    Hi @YCHOWDEN

A very warm welcome.

Sorry to learn of your recent sad loss of your Westie.

Perhaps, it might be a little too early, but if you decide to welcome a new friend to your home.

Please take a look at this link, about westie rescue.

http://www.westierescueuk.org.uk/

Keep us informed.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @YCHOWDEN - welcome to the community, & great you have joined us. I'm sorry about your little dog. This is a very supportive group, so I'm pleased you have joined. :)

Brightness