Hi, my name is feet1st! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is feet1st!

Options
feet1st
feet1st Community member Posts: 17 Connected
Hi looking forward to reading up on posts ?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @feet1st and welcome to the community! How are you? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • feet1st
    Options
    Hi, ok thank you just suffering with my osteoarthritis atm but just trying to be careful and not over doing it, thank you for the welcome, I’m very new to this so hopefully my reply will post back ???
  • Ami2301
    Options
    Don't worry, you've replied and I can see it! :) It can be a little daunting at first, but you'll get the hang of it in no time :) Sorry to read you're in pain - anything I can do to help? I'm bad at jokes, and I have hearing loss but I'm a good listener :lol:
  • feet1st
    Options
     :D lol you’ve made me smile, I’m due my tablets soon so will be away with fairies in no time ??‍♂️ I’m glad my post made it !! Here’s to a few more lol ? ?
  • Ami2301
    Options
    Glad to have made you smile :) I'm due my tablets soon too. I hope you sleep well and look forward to seeing you around on the community! :)
  • feet1st
    Options
    Yes you too, and thank you for making me feel very welcome ?? will look forward to a “natter” ????
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community from me too 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions you may find our coffee lounge or recent discussions a good place to start 

I look forward to seeing you around 
  • feet1st
    Options
    Thank you janer1967 it must be a good year, 1967 ?? I was born in this year, will look forward to “nattering” it’s what I do best lol ?? 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @feet1st - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community from me too. I look forward to chatting with you as well. :)
  • feet1st
    Options
    @chiarieds thank you I love a chat, hence the ? emoji ? have a lovely week ???? 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you, @feet1st - have you got anything planned for this week?
    You might also like to try our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' where we also have some word games. There's a link to this at the top of this page. :)
  • feet1st
    Options
    Hi @chiarieds I’ve popped into the coffee lounge this morning, will definitely have a go at the word games, I love games ?? My husband as annual leave from Thursday so will have a couple of trips out, in this lovely weather (hopefully) I’m hoping my OA behaves itself, I have been suffering of late, waiting for a hip replacement ?but my knees and hands are not very good atm, I’m trying to be “cheerful” ???☀️ 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community from me too @feet1st! It's good to hear that you enjoy games :) We look forward to seeing you over in the coffee lounge

I'm sure it must be difficult to stay positive at times when you're struggling with the symptoms of your OA. Are you receiving enough support from your doctors? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • feet1st
    Options
    @Tori_Scope thank you, I will definitely be in there, yes I have a very understanding GP, hospital and family, I’m waiting for a few appointments in the future, the onset of my OA has been very fast and my joints are deteriorating, I can cope with most things but struggle with the pain ?? A bear with a sore head comes to mind ?
  • Lee39
    Lee39 Community member Posts: 68 Connected
    Options
    Welcome to the community @feet1st
  • feet1st
    Options
    Thank you @Lee39 ?☀️

Brightness