Hi, my name is Tinkersue! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Tinkersue!

Options
Tinkersue
Tinkersue Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited August 2021 in Start here and say hello!
I have a hidden disability that impacts on my activity every day, sometimes I don’t want to get up in the morning, but my little cat dictates my sleep in, and I have to get up to feed her. My autoimmune disease, and UCTD is a sod when it acts up giving me pain, so I don’t go out, so I sit down and cross stitch, or make cards to keep my mind off it. Whatever you do, don’t let the (Removed by moderator, profanity) win. That’s including pain.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

Thanks for sharing with us about yourself and your cat and hobbies 

Have a nice day 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Tinkersue

Welcome to the community, good to see you join us and thanks for telling us a bit about yourself, it certainly appears as though you have some enjoyable hobbies and coping techniques :) 

Just to let you know, I have removed part of your post that contained profanity, in accordance with our community house rules.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Tinkersue
    Tinkersue Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for letting me join, it is my personal saying, so maybe it should be kept to myself. I’m trying to keep my mind busy, because I had an accident with my hand, and I’m supposed to rest it, which is not always easy when I’m a crafter, and I’m going through a bereavement as well, so I’m going through a tough time. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Very sorry for your loss @Tinkersue, I hope you are managing okay.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness