Hi, my name is DC6079! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is DC6079!

Options
DC6079
DC6079 Scope Member Posts: 2 Listener
I’m in my sixties, male. And married for 42years we have two daughters and 4 Grandchildren, my disability I will talk about when I feel more comfortable . God’s Blessings from the Father Son and Holy Spirit be with you all x

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @DC6079 - & welcome to this friendly community. Thank you for joining & saying a little about your family, & for your kind words too. Please do just let us know about your disability only if, & when, you feel comfortable in doing so. You can say as much, or as little, as feels right at the time about anything. I think you will find the community most supportive, & I look forward to hearing from you again. :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @DC6079

Welcome to the community, good to see you join us. Your family sounds lovely :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • DC6079
    DC6079 Scope Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thankyou all for the welcome, and thanks for understanding how difficult it is to spill out your feelings, especially when the disability affects so much of your life. As much as you fight it when it’s been with you for 17 years it feels like a dam wall waiting to spill and crack open when I try to talk about it. I never have even considered using a site like this before, im mostly tucked away, pain and immobility leave me a recluse to all but my closest family. if I went out of this house 15 times this past year and an half it would surprise me greatly. I get a large uplift from my faith in Jesus, and I am trying hard to understand why me? I believe through prayer I have been answered, 
    I will sign off for now and oppologies if I have come across as selfish and it’s all about me style, that’s partly what makes it difficult to open up, I don’t want people to think I’m having a moan. 
    God Bless 
    Dave
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @DC6079 - good to hear from you again. I hope you are keeping as well as you can. You don't come across as selfish in the slightest; sometimes this forum is a good place to have a small moan or rant. It's often easier to do this amongst friendly strangers who understand, rather than moan at family members, when that's the last thing we want to do. I'd be lost without my lovely children & their help, but I don't always want them to know about me, I want them to know that I will always listen, & be there for them.....that I can still do. God Bless you, & your family too.

Brightness