Hi, my name is Sammy_1994! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Sammy_1994!

Sammy_1994
Sammy_1994 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi I'm new to this group 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sammy -1994 - I'm pleased to be the first to welcome you to this friendly community. I hope you are keeping well, & enjoy being a member of this supportive group. Please let us know if you have any questions at all. :)
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Hi @Sammy_1994

Welcome to Scope's online forum. It is great to see you have joined us. What are your interests? We may be able to guide you to particular group discussions that you might find the most interesting if we know this information. Otherwise, do any of our community members have any guidance on what they would say their top three group discussions are? I will look forward to seeing you around on our forum  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Sammy_1994
    My interests are k/boxing playing pool 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sammy_1994

Ooh nice! Sporty and adventurous. Have you tried the coffee lounge yet? I think you might enjoy it  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Connected
    Welcome to the community @Sammy_1994 did you have a good weekend? :)
  • Sammy_1994
    edited September 2021
    I also struggle with.mental health issues 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I also struggle with.mental health issues 
    Welcome to the community, and thank you for sharing this. Do you receive any support from your GP to manage your mental health?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Sammy_1994
    I have a social worker, harmless coordinator and GPS in place
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Sammy_1994 and a warm welcome from me too :) How's your Monday going?

It's good to hear you have a support network in place to help you with your needs.  I think I also spy a 'Make it count' image in your profile picture... did you happen to take part by any chance?  It's fine if not, but I'd love to hear the details if you did!

I'm not the best at playing pool and my husband always tends to win, annoyingly!  Do you get to play much?
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • L_Volunteer
    Hi @Sammy_1994

Thanks for sharing more details about yourself. Knowing that you struggle with mental health issues will hopefully allow us to support you the best we can. Scope has a discussion category called 'mental health issues' if you would like to communicate with others with similar experiences as I know that can be beneficial for some people. If you are interested, you can find it at https://forum.scope.org.uk/categories/mental-health-issues. Otherwise, please feel free to let us know if there is anything specific we can support you with  :) In the meantime, I look forward to seeing you around on the forum! 

Brightness