Hi, my name is nk2016! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is nk2016!

Options
nk2016
nk2016 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
My 7 year old son has autism and other special needs we are living in 2 bed council flat since june 2020 its on 1st floor with a communal terrace on front he always keeps trying to climb terrace wall he akmost made it couple of times luckily i managed to safe him. He threw things from windows and try to climb balcony neighbours called police as he threw things on high street. Police wrote in their repirt its unsuitable accomodation for any younger kid. On top of dat too much noise from high street and flat above he shares a small room wid elder brother and younger sister. He cant sleep i csnt allow him on terrace for his safety. He has hyper mobility he does not have space to move around freely he keeps bumping in things. After moving here his condition got worst. Gp, physio community pediatrics, autism hub everyone gave me letters for a safe and suitable housing bt council is not listening. I had local authority s OT housing assessment report i sent it to council ot recmends to move us as soon as possible as its very unsafe and unsuitable for any kid. But i dont have any good hopes from council. National autistic society advised me to seek your help. Can you please help me. Trust me all day he try to go to terrace try to open windows wen he cant find open place to play he screams and throw bad tauntrums. Its been one year and three months he has to go through all this everyday. Thanks.

Comments

Brightness