Is it normal for UC to ask about hours I worked, contract details, why I left, my payroll number? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it normal for UC to ask about hours I worked, contract details, why I left, my payroll number?

thinkingsoul
thinkingsoul Community member Posts: 68 Connected
edited September 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Just wanted to say sorry for being horrible I didn't mean it to anyone. just lost that's all. am I'm currently suspended from my job but I've handed my notice it. as I've breached GDPR. universal credit want to no how many hours I did a week, what my contract was, why I left, and payroll number ect ect is this normal? Or are they trying to catch me out ? I suffer from severe paranoia that's all. thanks everyone.
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    If you have left your job it's possible that your UC could be sanctioned.
    Hope you are soon feeling better.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• thinkingsoul
    @woodbine I have been sacked for a breach of GDPR. what would you advise? she says she needs this information to progress with my claim. don't understand why she would need this. ?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    @woodbine I have been sacked for a breach of GDPR. what would you advise? she says she needs this information to progress with my claim. don't understand why she would need this. ?
    They need the information in order to assess your entitlement. If you have been sacked for gross misconduct you are likely to be sanctioned. (I note however that in one post you say you have handed in your notice and in another you say you have been sacked - clearly these are different things.)

I f you do not provide the information requested your claim will not be progressed.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    @woodbine I have been sacked for a breach of GDPR.

I thought you've been suspended but then handed your notice in.
     am I'm currently suspended from my job but I've handed my notice it.
    Although you've reported a health condition to UC if you've been sacked for misconduct then i believe a sanction may still be possible.
    They are asking for the information so they can process your claim. You need to make sure that you're honest with them.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • thinkingsoul
    @calcotti @poppy123456 @woodbine I'm just going to tell them to close my claim down then. as I don't owe them any money anyway. Only been on it for 2 weeks if that. she said she can't progress without the information. so I will just tell them close it down. 
  • calcotti
    poppy123456 said: Although you've reported a health condition to UC if you've been sacked for misconduct then i believe a sanction may still be possible. 
    I’d forgotten that in a different thread OP mentioned reporting a health condition. Gets confusing with several threads on same subject! Not sure about possible sanctions in that case.
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2021
    @calcotti @poppy123456 @woodbine I'm just going to tell them to close my claim down then. as I don't owe them any money anyway. Only been on it for 2 weeks if that. she said she can't progress without the information. so I will just tell them close it down. 

Didn't you have an advance payment last week? Or have i confused you with someone else?
    Why would you want to close your claim? They are asking for information which is part of your claim, it's a means tested benefit so these questions need to be asked.
    Edit to add.. no i didn't confuse you with someone else. In this thread here you said you had applied for the advance payment and it had been agreed. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/84303/help-im-suspended-on-my-job-im-asking-about-an-advanced-payment-on-uc-how-much-could-i-get#latest If this is correct then you will still need to repay this back even if you close your UC claim.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
  • thinkingsoul
    @poppy123456 no I told them to cancel it. So the money didn't go into my account. so I don't owe them any monies.
  • poppy123456
    I see.
  • thinkingsoul
    @poppy123456 they said to me despite me being suspended I am entitled to UC. is that correct or not? Just seems odd how they want my payroll number ect despite I've told them everything
  • TheAlien
    TheAlien Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    They need to check that you are no longer receiving a salary or on that company's payroll, they are not trying to catch you out, just trying to verify the facts.  They ask the same questions of everyone who claims any means tested benefits.

They also need to check that you are who you say you are.  This is standard practice and nothing to worry about.
  • thinkingsoul
    @poppy123456 waiting for your reply. 
  • calcotti
    @poppy123456 they said to me despite me being suspended I am entitled to UC. is that correct or not? Just seems odd how they want my payroll number ect despite I've told them everything
    You are eligible but they don’t whether or not you are entitled until they have all the facts.
  • thinkingsoul
    @TheAlien thanks for that message. I have asked them to close my account down as I'm still getting paid sick pay from them. I've not received any money from UC in my account nothing at all. So just told them to close my account down untill I don't get any money from them - the payroll team.
  • thinkingsoul
    @calcotti thanks for your reply. I have asked them to close my claim down. they haven't gave me any money so I haven't lost anything.
  • poppy123456
    You won't know if you're entitled to anything until you receive your first statement, which is a little over 4 weeks after you first claimed. You need to give them all the information they ask for, if you don't your claim can't be proceed.
    The problem is, is that you keep changing your story because first you said you are suspended but still getting paid, then you say you've handed in your notice.
    Then you said you were sacked and now you've changed it again by saying you're suspended. If you're suspended but still receiving earnings from your employer then whether you're entitled to any UC will depend on earnings received during your assessment period, which was advised to you on one of your other threads.
    Very difficult to advise in this situation.
  • thinkingsoul
    @poppy123456 thanks for that information. I am going to close my UC claim tomorrow
  • thinkingsoul
    @poppy123456 once I have gave them all the details what happens then? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.