Hi, my name is Indigo! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Indigo!

Options
Indigo_Scope
Indigo_Scope Community member, Scope Posts: 2 Listener
Hiya everyone,

My name is Indigo and I am a disabled artist, activist, and, until recently, academic. I live in the presence of chronic and often debilitating pain, fatigue and faintness and am hoping to soon get a lightweight active user wheelchair which will allow me to pace myself and be as active in the world as I would like to be. I am very excited about this, as I am currently managing with a very bog standard NHS manual chair which doesn’t give me the independence I need. 

I will also be joining Scope very soon within the strategy, evidence and insight team, contributing to the research being done on how we can create meaningful change for disabled people. As a disabled person myself, and having struggled through a world that has not been built for body-minds like mine, I am very keen to grow more connections with others of similar lives experience, and help further justice and equality for my communities.

Thank you for having me here :—)
Impact and Evaluation Lead at Scope 
Pronouns: they/them

I draw on my disabled identity, along with my professional role, when participating in this community.

Comments

Brightness