Hi, my name is AlisonA! I'm a stroke survivor of 5 years now — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is AlisonA! I'm a stroke survivor of 5 years now

AlisonA
AlisonA Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2021 in Start here and say hello!
Hello. I’m nervously reaching out from the loneliness that strokes can bring. I’m always striving to be positive and strong. Just sometimes it’s tricky. 
I’m a stroke survivor of 5 years now.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @alisona

Welcome to the community and it's lovely to see you join us. 

Thank you for speaking so honestly about how you feel, and it's great that you are reaching out despite the nerves. This is a very welcoming and supportive place so I'm sure you'll enjoy being here.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @AlisonA

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined. I think we are a rather supportive and friendly community and I hope you find the same! If you need anything specific, please do not hesitate to let us know  :) In the meantime, would you like to expand on your interests? It would be great to get to know you. I will look forward to hearing from you again soon  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @AlisonA - & welcome to the community from me also. Thank you for joining us all, & I hope you enjoy being part of this friendly group. :)
  • AlisonA
    AlisonA Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you all for taking the time to make me feel so welcome ?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    A warm welcome to the community from me too @AlisonA :) Have you had a chance to take a look around the community yet? Please give us a shout if you need any help. 

If you're looking for people to chat to, you might like to check out our coffee lounge, which is the home of our casual conversation and games. 

Do you have any hobbies or interests?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness