Hi, my name is CjH26! I'm looking into claiming PIP or DLA — Scope | Disability forum

Hi, my name is CjH26! I'm looking into claiming PIP or DLA

CjH26 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I've recently been diagnosed with HSD and fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue my EDS UK support group suggests EDS as my Beighton criteria test score is through the roof my doctor cannot seem to see the medical link between HSD HEDS EDS POTS FM, I'm looking into possibly claiming pip or dla as it affects my everyday life even having to reduce the hours I work so I'm looking for help and advice from people who understand and don't think you are mad 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,366 Disability Gamechanger
    If you are aged between 16 and state pension then it will be PIP you would need to claim. It's not awarded based on any diagnosis, or your ability not to work. It's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.
    Have a read of this link. https://pipinfo.net/
    If you do decide to apply, when you receive the form you should add a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Adding information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequnces were.
    They very rarely contact anyone for any evidence so the onus is on you to make sure it's sent to support your claim.
    DWP are estimating about 10 months from starting a claim to having a decision so it's not a quick process.

  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 6,638

    Scope community team

    Hi @CjH26

    Welcome to the community, it's lovely to see you join us. 

    I hope the above response has been helpful, I have moved your discussion over to our PIP / DLA category.
    Online Community Coordinator

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

    Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,133 Disability Gamechanger
    If you are over 16 then it will be PIP and it's awarded not because of what's wrong with you but how your daily living and/or mobility is affected.

    @CjH26 a warm welcome to scope and the forum.
    Be extra nice to new members.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.