How long do paper based assessments take and what do they do? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long do paper based assessments take and what do they do?

Options
family33
family33 Community member Posts: 105 Courageous
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi does anyone know how long pip paperbase assessments take and what actually do they do? Iv been told by one caller handler that they are trying to contact my cpn ,they have phone numbers, my cpn says nobody has called, then today another call handler says they have been trying since July, I'm confused as I only sent the application in end of June, then previous to that another handler says if canot contact cpn, they will ask myself for that info they need , very strange that they said been trying for 3 months . Any advice is appreciated. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,013 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There is no timescales for this. If they have enough of evidence to do the paper based they will, otherwise it will be either a telephone or face to face assessment. Unfortunately, there's nothing more you can do but wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • family33
    Options
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Options
    My form was sent off on 9th August, I was expecting a text or letter about an assessment at some point which never materialised....last week a different amount appeared in my bank account and the following day I received my award letter..so mine was around 9 weeks from sending it to receiving the money in my account.  Mine was a chance of circumstances but I believe it’s the same form as the review one.
  • family33
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @DuffersMum oh wow thanks for letting me know this, mine is a first ever claim.
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Options
    Hope you hear something soon x
  • family33
    Options
  • family33
    edited October 2021
    Options
    I'm just confused how from July they haven't managed to contact my cpn and my claims is just sitting there.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's because backlogs are huge. The estimated timescale is 10 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • family33
    Options
    I can't see that's tru in my case really poppy because they said been trying to contact her since July, but she said nobody has done that yet , but I do agree on the backlog ,thanyou.
  • family33
    Options
    Well its a good job I rang the assessment centre again today ,got a lovely lady who said somthings not right here ,so she speaks to the assessor and tells me that in her words my paper paperbased got started on in July and then put aside, so she said they are now on it today ,so just goes to show that claims can be pushed to one side and be forgotten. So fingers crossed 
  • family33
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Well after ringing yesterday and the call handler spoke to the assesor iv just had my assessment out of the blue because my cpn couldn't be reached, seemed to have gone OK, and said might take up to 8 weeks , so all I can do is hope and wait.How long should I wait to request the report?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    About a week to request the report. Although, if you suffer anxiety then requesting the report may not be a good idea because if it's not exactly what you expected it often makes people feel even worse than they were already.
  • family33
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I understand that will be very true .thankyou
  • family33
    Options
    Hi poppy I have just recieved a txt saying they have my assessment report , "that was quick" can I request the report now if I want it?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's normal for them to return it that quick. Yes, you can request it.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Please remember that the report is not the decision, it's a recommendation based on their opinion of everything. Though, they do mostly go with the report, it has been known for them to go against it.
  • family33
    Options
    Oh that's more added worry then gosh just want it all over.Thankyou poppy.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Which is why it may not be a good idea to request it.
  • family33
    Options
    Morning poppy ,do DWP ring people now and tell them their decision, I have read that some people have had calls I'm wondering if that's people with Mental health issues?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No, it's rare for them to do this. If it's your first time claim and you're successfully awarded money usually goes into the bank before you receive the decision letter. Providing you're not transfering from DLA.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.