Hi, my name is Meemaw79! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Meemaw79!

Meemaw79
Meemaw79 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone, I'm here for a nosey, hopefully able to get involved and definitely keen to meet folk  and make friends along the way x

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Meemaw79

Welcome to the community, it's lovely to see you join us. 

Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself?

Looking forward to seeing you getting involved, if you ever have any questions then feel free to ask.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Meemaw79 - & welcome to the community & thank you for joining. I hope you are keeping well. Do join in with the discussions any time, & try our virtual 'Coffee lounge' for a chat or some word games. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    Hi @Meemaw79, Welcome on board.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Meemaw79

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. Hopefully, you will be able to do all of the things you said you want to do here on Scope's forum. I find us a supportive and friendly group and I hope you will find the same! Would you like to start by telling us more about your motivations for joining Scope's forum and your interests? It would be great to get to know you  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Meemaw79
    Wow thanks for the replies and being so welcoming I’m touched. I’m looking forward to talking to u all and joining in but may take a few days. Had a tough few days due to my energy supplier, it has left me in a difficult position I can’t seem to get any answers, it has really impacted my headspace and knocked me back massively. When I got my head together I can hopefully become an active member. Thanks again xx
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    @Meemaw79 I'm sorry to hear you have had a rough few days. I hope you have support around you? Did you know Scope has a service called Disability Energy Support? It may be worth reaching out to them for advice :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Meemaw79
    Hi Hannah_Scope , thank you for this I will have a look I’m so angry as am on Priority Register and my supplier is aware of my health struggles as well as knowing I live alone and I’m isolated, and that I currently struggle going out or with change etc. Yet they left me 79hrs with no electric, ability to cook or hot water yet telling me I had to stay in for engineer that never came. I have had to throw all food away and was told I should of refrozen it!! And I won’t be getting any compensation for it unless I have phones!! When engineer finally got booked the supplier ignored me and refused to tell me which company where going to be arriving leaving me little nervey, he was actually lovely and it turns out supplier didn’t inform them of my being on PSR or vulnerablities and directed them to locate meter remove and replace with smart meter, this is something I have adamantly refused until I feel bit better. I’m devastated at underhand behaviours and length of time I was left, but they are uninterested despite fact I rang up upset explaining being left alone in a dark house unable to see or move around, no devices, tv etc when feel hungry and dirty and only own thoughts to get you through is torture, wouldn’t treat an animal this way 😡
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    @Meemaw79 That's awful! I am so sorry that you had to go through that. You can always make a complaint to the ombudsman about them. I'd also reach out to your local MP as I am sure they would like to know too. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness