The Irish league Disabilities — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The Irish league Disabilities

Options
Ella1234125
Ella1234125 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I'm Nic and have suffered with Fibro myalgia , diagnosed 2009 having a fantastic GP and Specialiat on board making a huge difference . Have Depression, Anxiety and OCD and really struggle to get out the house , feeling such a failure esp to now my youngest daughter ? Have had Covid after having had 2 jags mths ago and still feel absolutely exhausted and chest pain lingering ...Anyone else the same and should I tell PIP ?
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Sorry to hear you have suffered from covid 

There is no need to inform pip as the condition needs to have been there for 3 months and expected to last another 9 months 

Remember pip is about the ability to perform tasks and not diagnosis 

You should always get expert advice before reporting any changes and unless the changes are likely to get you a higher award there is no point 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Ella1234125

Welcome to the community, I'm glad to see you join us. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've had issues since developing Covid, sadly it has impacted a lot of people long-term and hopefully in time there will become more support available. I hope the above reply has been helpful about PIP.

Can I ask, do you receive any support to manage your mental health? 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness