Hi, my name is MissKai! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is MissKai!

MissKai
MissKai Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello good morning, am new, am looking for advice 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,353 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    What advice would you like, if you can give all the information then i'm sure someone will help you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    edited November 2021
    Hi @MissKai :) welcome to the community! We're happy to have you here. 

How are you doing today? Please feel free to have a look around the community. The coffee lounge is a space for friendly chats, but if you need any specific advice, you can always explore our categories page. 

If you have any questions or need advice, I'm sure someone on the community will be able to help answer your queries :)

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @MissKai, what is it you are needing advice about? :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Slmhill2000Hill
    Slmhill2000Hill Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    Hi MissKai,

I've only just joined up too, so we are two newbies together.

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?  I haven't, but if you're anything like me, I always find it a problem to know what to get.  I usually choose a collection of new books though from Amazon, and then they last me all year.  I'm sure you will find something nice too.

Enjoy your day,
    Sonya  :D
  • Libby_Alumni
    Welcome @Slmhill2000Hill :)! It's great to have you here with us on the community. How are you today?

I think books are always a good present, especially if you're a book worm like myself! What type of books do you enjoy? I wish I was organized this Christmas, but I'm still yet to buy any presents for my family. I will start soon though :) 

If you have any questions or queries about the community, please just ask, as someone will hopefully be able to help.

Libby
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Slmhill2000Hill
    Slmhill2000Hill Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    Hi Libby,

Nice to hear from you.

I tend to like a few different genres.  My favourite author is Stephen King, but I also enjoy books on psychology or memoirs by famous people, so quite a broad mix.

I find Amazon is very handy though for Christmas shopping, especially when you have family living a distance away 

Sonya  :p  
  • Libby_Alumni
    @Slmhill2000Hill Ah yes, Stephen King. He's fantastic. My partner also loves all his novels (and films based on his novels). What psychology books do you enjoy? I have to read a lot of psychology books as I'm doing a PhD in Sport Psychology :) 

Oh yes, Amazon is a savior when it comes to gifts. It's great that they can deliver next day too!
    Scope

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @MissKai & @Simhill200Hill - welcome to the community to you both. :)
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @MissKai and @Slmhill2000Hill

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have both joined us. How are you both today? 

@MissKai, is there anything specific you are looking for our advice with? We would be more than happy to help but knowing what you would like our support with would ensure we can provide you with the most suitable support.

@Slmhill2000Hill, did I hear Christmas?! Christmas makes me happy. What is your favourite thing about Christmas?  :D

Take care both and I will look forward to hearing from you both again soon!
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness