I've scored 0 points. I need some advice for the PIP MD letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've scored 0 points. I need some advice for the PIP MD letter

paulamaria
paulamaria Community member Posts: 50 Connected
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone I’m new to this site, got my letter this morning on my pip review and scored 0 points I’m devastated, I was receiving standard care from 2017 after a 7 month fight, I suffer from depression and anxiety due to a domestic violent relationship, I’m feeling no better than I did 5 years ago if anything worse, I’m just looking for advice for the MD letter as I don’t think I have the strength in my brain to do it alone
thank you in advance 

Comments

• paulamaria
    Hi I’m looking some advice, I had a pip telephone assessment on the 21 September just received my letter today 0 points, I first applied for pip in 2017 jan and was awarded the same 0, sent a MD got a telephone call and awarded standard care, it took 7 months,
    now I’m back to square one again and I’m devastated, I suffer with depression and anxiety due to a domestic violence realonship , I which the police where involved, I don’t feel any better than I did 5 years ago if anything worse, I just don’t know if I have the strength to go through this again, if anyone can give me advice on the MD I woukd be extremely grateful 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the score you were hoping for @paulamaria. I can imagine that could affect you quite a lot, but all hope isn't lost.

Do you mean the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) request? 

I'm also sorry to hear about what you've had to endure. Are you receiving enough support for your mental health at the moment? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • paulamaria
    hi yes I meant the MR , I was getting support from women aid but that lasted just 6 months, I just get my medicine every month from the doctor, and with covid I haven’t saw one in 2 years, I also received the report which had me in tears this morning, I feel like they have just said I’m ok and nothing wrong with me, it’s heartbreaking 
    my brain is sore just having to think about doing a MR don’t know where to start, 
    thank you for replying 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    When you request the MR you should state where and why you think you should have scored those points. Adding a couple of real world examples for each descriptor that applies you. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequnces were.
    This link will tell you what's local to you for expert advice. https://advicelocal.uk/ I don't know if any advice agency will help with the MR letter, i do know that some are so busy at the moment they are refusing to help with the MR stage but will help if it gets to Tribunal stage.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • paulamaria
    ok thank you ?? 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry that seeing the report has upset you so much @paulamaria. I can assure you that you're not the only one to feel this way, sadly. 

Thankfully, the process for submitting an MR isn't too bad. Turn2Us have some information about submitting an MR, which you might find helpful. You might also want to look at the Mental Health and Money Advice Service's pages on PIP and challenging a PIP decision

It can be useful to look through and see where you think you should have scored points, and what evidence you have to back that up. Real world examples are a good way of demonstrating the problems you face in relation to the descriptors.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • paulamaria
    thank you ?? I will look through that tomorrow as I’m feeling so overwhelmed, it’s the thought off having to fight again, 
  • paulamaria
    Hi all just a update from last thursday , my mental health has been terrible, I have lost my disability premium on esa due to my pip being stopped, got a letter from the housing executive this morning saying my rent has been suspended, I had a full blown panic attack!! I rang esa they said I went off the system due to the premium being stopped but still received, had to ring the housing to tell them, now while I was on the phone I was in tears I could not stop shaking! Rang the doctor to say how I was and I haven’t slept much due to the stress, he was brilliant and gave me sleeping tablets, the pip rang me Monday and the lady asked me few questions, going over things she has gave me until 29 November to get my letters in which my mum and my two sons are doing, with my ptsd and anxiety I can’t deal with stress very good, this is horrible, I will keep updated on how things go, 
  • paulamaria
    MR done today and a letter from my mum and son, all sent off so it’s awaiting game now ?
  • paulamaria
    Thank you @Teddybear12 not feeling hopeful, but will update xx
  • paulamaria
    Hi all just bit confused, my last payment off pip was the 20th October, as you all know I have submitted a mr, I looked at my bank and a payment of £8.75 was made from pip yesterday? Can’t make out why as my payment was always correct at £240 per month for standard care, what is this £8 about? 
  • poppy123456
    It's likely to be an odd payment from the cut off date depending on when exactly the decision was made on your review.  Of course we can only guess and to know for sure you'll need to ring them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • paulamaria
    My cut off was the 20th and was my last payment always 240 , it’s a strange amount £8.75? I’m baffled 
  • paulamaria
    I’m honestly to scared to ring as I don’t know what’s happening with my MR , I’m happy to stick my head in the sand until I hear from them, it’s so stressful 
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2021
    Your last payment was unlikely to have included the cut off date, especially if the decision was made after that. I do agree, it's an odd payment because standard daily living isn't £8.75 per day.
    As you only sent the MR letter on 10th November they probably haven't received it yet because of the postal backlogs.
  • paulamaria
    @poppy123456 thanks for replying, if I hear anything I will update 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    My cut off was the 20th and was my last payment always 240 , it’s a strange amount £8.75? I’m baffled 
    One day of standard rate Daily Living is £8.57 so perhaps someone transposed the 5 and 7!
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • paulamaria
    Oh maybe lol ? was just strange to see 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    It’s obvious what you have to do, phone the DWP and ask what’s the payment is for, coming on the forum asking members what the payment is ,is like asking I have a knocking noise in my car what do you think it could be.
  • paulamaria
    I’m  a very anxious person. I don’t know what it was, I didn’t to annoy anyone 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.