I had my assessment in November. How much longer until a decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I had my assessment in November. How much longer until a decision?

Options
JamesSmith33
JamesSmith33 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I had pip assesment November and received copy of my report 3 weeks ago I hooked dwp last week and was told thiers no decision been made yet but should be very soon I phoned again this morning and was told its at the last stage and with a decision maker shouldn't be long at all , can anyone help me as to how much longer it should be now do they say its with a decision maker the second they receive the report from atos or would he have only said that if it was actually with a decision maker right now ? Sorry ime just getting even worse anxiety every day now waiting for a decision its been a long process from start and ime still not got my decision 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    it can take up to 12 weeks from the assessment. Unfortunately you just have to wait.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • JamesSmith33
    Options
    I was told 4 to 6 weeks for a decision it's now been a month and thanks for your advice but I wanted to know if thiers a difference in it being with a decision maker now as last week they didn't say that 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's no difference to the timescales when your claim is with a decision maker. As advised, the timescale is anything up to 12 weeks and even then, it's a timescale so nothing more than a guide.
    There's nothing more you can do but wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • TonyPerry
    TonyPerry Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    My text from DWP states up to 8 weeks 
  • JamesSmith33
    Options
    That's what I don't get it's frustrating I was told 4 to 6 weeks ypu was told up to 8 weeks others on here have said they've been told up to 10 weeks and others are being told 2 to 12 weeks which one is it 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The timescales they tell you are nothing more than a guide. Going by the texts they send the timescales have always been "8 weeks" what they don't tell you is backlogs at the moment are huge. Going by other threads on here, it's more like up to 12 weeks.
    Realistically, there's never any timescales.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • JamesSmith33
    Options
    Well leaving someone with health conditions waiting for a letter for up to 3 months while they make a decision is disgusting especially if the person has mental health problems it could effectively make them more ill 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The problem is, you are not the only person waiting for a decision, there’s likely to be thousands of others too. 
    We are still in a pandemic and people are still working under extreme conditions. People off on the sick and having to work extra to cover for those that are off. 
    Backlogs are all part of the claims process. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.