Hi, my name is kpnuts196! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is kpnuts196!

Options
kpnuts196
kpnuts196 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, my name is kpnuts196.
I am 52 and have 3 grown up children.
I am a wheelchair user, with spinal problems, heart failure and PTSD.  I am also on long term oxygen therapy, due to getting Covid-19 about 18 months ago. I dont let these things stop me from living my life, my way.
Makes for an interesting lifestyle though :D:# 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @kpnuts83 :) It's great to have you on board! How was your weekend?

Thank you for sharing some information about yourself. I'm sorry to hear that you've been affected so badly by coronavirus, and I hope you start to feel a little better soon. Do you know how long-term the treatment will be?

I look forward to seeing you around on the community. Please just give us a shout if you need any help finding your way around!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @kpnuts83 - & welcome to the community. I'm sorry, that on top of everything else, you have suffered due to Covid-19. What is good to read is your positivity, so thank you for sharing. I also look forward to seeing you around the community. :)

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community from me too look forward to seeing you around 
  • kpnuts196
    kpnuts196 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Tori_Scope said:

I'm sorry to hear that you've been affected so badly by coronavirus.

Sadly, lots of other people have been affected far worse than I.
    I am extremely thankful that I haven't lost any of my loved ones to this horrible virus.

Do you know how long-term the treatment will be?

At this point life long I think. I was on half a litre per hour, which is a tiny amount. A few months ago I spoke to an oxygen nurse about being weaned off it.
    Then 3 weeks ago a different oxygen nurse doubled my oxygen prescrIptIon to 1 litre per hour, because my oxygen levels were consistently too low. 

Please just give us a shout if you need any help finding your way around!
           Will do,
           thank you.

Brightness