Could I put a photo in of the aid that I use to help with my problems? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Could I put a photo in of the aid that I use to help with my problems?

Options
jinnty
jinnty Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, I hope this post finds you all safe and well as can be. I fully understand that PIP, goes by how my condition effects me from day to day. But, I was wondering if I could put a photo in of the aid that I use in order to help with my problems. I have a hair wash brush type of thing, because I can’t use my right arm properly. And a couple of other things that I have to use, in order to help myself. I was wondering if when I say, I’m unable to use my right arm properly, I try to use this, and tell them what it is, and show them a photo? I’m not talking about A4 size, just a small passport size photo, in order to show as well as tell them. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Take care and stay safe. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,033 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Personally, i wouldn't put a photo in because it doesn't mean anything. It could be a photo of some else's "aid." You're much better off sticking to the anecdotal evidence.. a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Include information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @jinnty :)

I hope you're okay and thank you for your comment. 

It's really great that you've considered various different methods to demonstrate how your condition effects you on a day-to-day basis. A photo is a good idea, however, as @poppy123456 explained, I think you are better off with sticking to anecdotal evidence and within that, you can explain about the hair wash brush that you have to use due to your condition. That is a good example of an adaptation aid that you have in place, to help manage your condition.

Do you have any other questions or queries in relation to the PIP application?
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • jinnty
    jinnty Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    Options
    @Libby_Scope @mikehughescq
    Thank you both for your reply, I will do that. I thought that might be the case, but I just wanted to make sure that I do the proper thing. Thank you again for all your advice. Take care and stay safe. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Jinty, I am glad you found the replies from other members helpful, good luck with the claim and please update us on how it goes :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.