Your Christmas gifts — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Your Christmas gifts

66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger

I’m aware that gifts aren’t the meaning of Christmas or whatever but for one minute I’m going to make a thread asking about presents!

Did you get anything that you are especially pleased with?

Was it something you asked for, or that you had always wanted?

Or was it a total surprise?

Aside from the sentimental stuff like a hug from someone you haven’t met for ages.  :s  (only joking)

I got mostly edible (and drinkable) gifts, which I am obviously very pleased about. :yum: Also some gifts that while not edible are food related. :yum: Finally, I received a voucher, which could potentially be spent on food. :yum:

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I love my sofas my partner brought me an mum gave me money so I brought nice things for my house my curtain poles my mirror curtains I had lovely gifts they all mean alot to me as some weren't expected me and mum had presents off my mums carers that was realy nice and I had lovely gifts off my partner that were unexpected I never expect anything especially now 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    My younger daughter always spoils me, i had PJ's, dressing gown, slippers, several bath bombs and bubble bars from lush, a pen, purse, Lady Million perfume, Ted baker handwash/lotion and a few other small things.
    From my other daughter, son in law and grandson i had chocolates, jigsaw puzzle, body spray, bodywash from lush. I also had a gift voucher from a friend.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • 66Mustang
    Lucky you @lisathomas50 and @poppy123456 :)

@lisathomas50 I think that’s a nice attitude to never expect anything then whatever you get is a bonus…I wasn’t expecting anything so to speak but I meant it more as did you have any idea what you were getting

I was told people were cutting down this year but I didn’t see any evidence of cutting down lol, I think they say that every year and never do! :smile:
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    I got a new pair of shoes, a nice new set of clothes which I was planning on buying myself after Xmas anyway, 5 stupidly large Cadbury bars, Gift Voucher, Dressing Gown, Aftershave and a few t-shirts. 
    Felt spoilt but saying that people said they was cutting down in my family too lol, my main present was a nice new Ninja air fryer since my old one was breaking- feel a little old saying my favourite gift was an air fryer.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Some lucky people out there 

I had some lovely gifts off my partner a diamond necklace , chocs , jumper and trousers , and on the daft side a potato masher 

My son got me bubble bath and chocolate 

More to come today as goung to mums for big family gathering 

Happy boxing day everyone 
  • 66Mustang
    Some lucky people here

Thank you @janer1967, same to you
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    My daughter had sent me PJs with a penguin on the top. My son & daughter bought me a cat calendar (I'm lost without a physical one so had hoped for this), a big tin of my favourite crackers, & a lovely warm duvet set. My most surprising gift was a beautiful bedspread with an elephant design that my daughter-in-law had crocheted for me. Elephants have always been my first love, which she knew, & thought it would be a change from penguins! :)
    Everyone seems to have got some lovely presents which I hope you all enjoy, & hope you all have a good Boxing day. :)
  • 66Mustang
    @chiarieds they sound like some lovely gifts :)

I have a relative who loves elephants, they are really interesting creatures, have you seen the TV show about them? I think it’s called “The Secret Life of Elephants” or something.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, it's called 'The Secret Life of Elephants' which I've seen; I watch anything related to elephants as they're such amazing creatures. :)
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I got a singing meditation bowl, it makes an OM sound if you rub it with a piece of wood. Better than it sounds, made of brass in Nepal! Lovely.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I always tell everybody I don't want anything, having said that I did get some Aramis and Kn Follett's new book "Never" his first for ten years and 850 pages, should keep me smelling nice and busy reading weill into 2022.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,808 Disability Gamechanger
    lovely gifts everyone, i got some blurays and puzzles from my wife, my son bought us a disney item my adventure book from the movie UP the book Ellie and Karl have in the movie, has lots of empty pages were you can add your memories, lovely, my daughter got me some nice warm socks and made me a star wars christmas decoration, which will go on my tree in my room once christmas is done, very happy,
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    I always get the same, money, gift sets, socks, books, sweets, etc. 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,772 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    I was spoilt,was my birthday 3 days before Xmas so got spoilt twice, designer winter coat, armani perfume and Jimmy choo perfume,lots of smellies for shower and hair.  Money.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @mustang no I didn't gave any idea  I had my sofas just before Xmas all my partner said I had to stay in as I was haveing a delivery I was shocked lol didnt expect that or my presents he brought down Xmas day least of all didn't expect presents off my mums carers 
  • dezzy81
    dezzy81 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    edited September 2022
    I got a new set of clothes, a couple of bracelets which are [Removed by moderator - advertising] gift for me which I was planning on buying myself, a pair of shoes. 
  • Poppy_
    Poppy_ Community Volunteer Host Posts: 192 Pioneering
    My favourite gift I received was a hot drink pod  machine, because I love hot chocolate and a massive blanket hoodie because I’m always cold. I also enjoy food and drink related presents, like a box of chocolates or a chocolate orange, mainly because it’s tradition in my family to receive them on Christmas. I also really enjoy the Christmas Eve pjs, which is another tradition in my family, to receive pjs on Christmas Eve for Christmas. 
    Poppy_
    Community Volunteer Host with a passion for reading.

Brightness