Hi, my name is SamMoore! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is SamMoore!

Options
SamMoore
SamMoore Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hello anyone else here today ?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Welcome to the community @SamMoore :) There certainly are people around today. Did you have anything in particular you wanted to talk to us all about? If you're not sure where to start, you can view our categories page to see the kinds of things we talk about here.

Please feel free to take a look around, and get stuck in. You can give us a shout if you need anything at all!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • SamMoore
    Options
    Hi Teddy bear. I had heard of Scope before of course but never thought of joining in or owt like that. I had a hypoxic brain injury in 1998 when I was assaulted; 2 separate assaults, but I didn't find out what had actually happened to me straight away. My then partners ex beat me up after I'd played live electronic music in a club in W Yorks then one of his drug dealers shoved a handful of some kind of tablets in my mouth while I was semiconscious. I came to with someone trying to get me breathing but my world had changed. I spent the next 2-3 years doing odd things like walking in to the wrong house & not recognising my family or people I'd known for years and started with bad epilepsy & more....textbook HBI. I got tablets for the epilepsy but no kind of support or care; just left to it and I was a single parent 10 days a fortnight too ! Then 21 years later in 2019 I was signposted to Headway, the charity, and that is when I realised I'd had the HBI; after reading their brilliant info and getting very good support from them. My neuro team were very sheepish with me when their penny dropped and eventually I asked to move to a different hospital. I should have gone to a medical solicitors shouldn't I...oh well !
  • SamMoore
    Options
    Hi Tori, I'll talk about anything. When we haven't got the plague stopping us I take part in our local Disability Access Forums and similar including going to council meetings to try and change the way they do things/think and do various practical conservation type volunteering.
  • SamMoore
    Options
    Something about me ? I was the one who made the proposals that became Calderdale Kerbside; UKs first council run door-to-door domestic recycling ! and at the same meetings (Agenda 21) my proposals started Incredible Edible; growing food in council flowerbeds. A councillor took all the credit though & pretends she thought of these but they were me giving a bit of Permaculture to the council; LA21 was all about sustainability. I lived in a canvas and hazel home called a bender for 11 yrs and had a Welsh pony and cart for some of that; happy days, but living like that with a brain injury is too difficult.

Brightness