Hi everyone 👋 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi everyone 👋

Options
Tammyjane33
Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
I'm Tammy, 35 from the uk, it would be lovely to get to know new people.
I love reading, educating myself and going to new places when I'm well enough and depending on covid rules, etc. 😁

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Tammyjane33 it's lovely to hear more about you. I really enjoy learning new things and seeing new places too :)

When we are more able to get out and about, is there somewhere you've planned to visit this year?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Tammyjane33
    Tammyjane33 Community member Posts: 765 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Alex_Scope
    There's a few places in the uk I'd like to explore. I've never been to Oxford or Manchester so wouldn't mind doing that, but I'm restricted on what I can do not only because of covid but also because I have a rare physical health condition which causes me alot of pain so have to plan things from day to day xx
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Tammyjane33. How are you today?  :)

I think we are a supportive and friendly community and I hope that means you get to know lots of new people!

First, though, I think we should get to know you too! Is there a particular genre of reading that you enjoy? or books from a particular author?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's one thing you can say about people with chronic pain/health conditions, we are excellent planners :) 

I've not been to Manchester personally, but I have been to Oxford, to visit the Ashmolean Museum, which I highly recommend, as it's free, accessible, and very easy to spend hours in! Depending on where you're traveling from, Oxford can be a pain to get to without a car, as the public transport in the area is quite limited. 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness