Blocking people — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blocking people

rayrar80
rayrar80 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
Hi, is it possible to block certain users on this site? some people can come across a bit negative or sometimes a bit abrupt, and it can get a bit upsetting.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rayrar80 - I'm sorry you feel this way, as I'm sure none of our members intend you to feel like that. However, you can put people on your 'Ignore list. To do this click on your profile (using a desktop computer for me this is at the top right hand side of this page). Then you'll see 'Edit profile,' so click on that. A new window opens & you'll see 'Ignore list.' Click on that, then type in the name(s) you want to add, then 'OK.'
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    I can fully understand how some members might feel that way, and blocking them is the best way forward, I've always been reluctant to do that in the past but @rayrar80 I hope it doesn't put you off using the forum which for 99% of the time is a friendly and helpful place.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• rayrar80
    rayrar80 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    I love the forum woodbine, id never leave, it just seems to be the odd one or two that can put you on a downer sometimes, maybe they don't know they are doing it, thanks for the replies.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,930 Disability Gamechanger
    It's extremely difficult to read a tone through text message alone. In the past i've sometimes read a comment and thought that's not nice but when i've gone back to read it again ive thought maybe the person really didn't mean anything by it.
    Putting poeple on ignore only helps to a certain extent because if someone quotes that persons comment, you'll see you anyway.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness