Hi, my name is singlelady65! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is singlelady65!

Options
singlelady65
singlelady65 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I got an early payment from esa on Christmas eve ( week early) now that makes me due a payment today right? No I did not get a payment, so I am assuming the esa will pay me on the original date! Which will mean 3 weeks instead of 2!  Anyone else had this?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi,
    You were paid early, which means your next payment will be longer and due 2 weeks from the date you were supposed to get paid last time. 
    This is the problem when receiving payment early, you have longer to wait for your next one. So yes, this applies to everyone that receives early payments due to bank holidays.
    Just so you’re aware, your next payment will be for the usual amount. 
    I must admit, that was rather an early payment if you weren’t supposed to receive payment until 31st December. Monday and Tuesday of that week were the only 2 bank holidays. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I had my pip payment a week early I was due 2ndl so I got to wait longer 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lisa, are you sure it was due on the 2nd? That was a Sunday and PIP payment days aren’t on a Sunday. They are Monday-Friday and paid every 4 weeks. Mine payment day is a Wednesday, my daughter’s is a Tuesday.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Sorry it wasn't pip it was universal credit when it falls on a weekend it normsly gets paid on the Friday but it got paid a week early 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    My pip is paid on Tuesdays 4 weekly 

Brightness