Hi, my name is Annethewheelie! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Annethewheelie!

Options
Annethewheelie
Annethewheelie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, sorry to jump straight in with you guys, but I've just been royally stiffed on my care package.  Has any one else been culled?  Has anyone else challenged ?  If so, how?  Help!
And a very happy new year to you all...

Comments

• Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Annethewheelie :) 

Welcome to the community, it's great to have you here with us :) 

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way about your care package experience. Would you mind just expanding on the exact care package that you mean? It would be good to have a bit more information, before trying to advise on your post :) 

Some of our members might be able to share their experiences, so hopefully they'll see your comment and offer any advice that they might have too. 

If you have any other questions in the meantime, please just let us know.

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there is alot of problems eithin the care sector there is a shortage of carers docile services have been cutting packages  are you haveing the same sort of problems 

There is help you can get to challenge decisions depending on the situation and if it is something that can be resolved 
  • Annethewheelie
    Annethewheelie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hello, You’re right about the shortages, I’ve been short staffed for a while. At least I knew once I managed to recruit I had my Direct Payment to pay them. I can’t help thinking I’m missing something that I can go from a care package that was doable to something literally half its size. I’m wondering if anyone else has gone through the process and if it was a process or a precipice!
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Annethewheelie

I am really sorry to hear you are experiencing this. It must be really frustrating and upsetting. Unfortunately, this is not my area of expertise which means I am hoping someone with more experience in this area can respond to you soon. However, in the meantime, I just wanted to respond to let you know we hear you, we are listening to you, and we will help you in any way we can  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am the main carer for my mum but I was a carer in the community for many years I think most of the problems now is because of corona virus I am lucky I have the carers for mum when I am in work I have personal assistant carers I have three but its a struggle when one is off sick 

Carers are leaving carers hsve covid or had covid and have long covid even PA carers are hard to get care is changing alot some companies have closed down care homes have had to close because there are no staff there are alot of people struggling to get care  have you advertised on the carers register for carers or asked social services if they can help 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lisathomas50

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Your ongoing support within our community has been acknowledged. Thank you for all you do. You have insights that I, unfortunately, don't have and that's really helpful!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness