3rd pip assessment Help and Advice. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

3rd pip assessment Help and Advice.

Options
Zwill0811
Zwill0811 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited January 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I applied for pip on 4th may and I sent in lots of paperwork regarding illnesses, procedures and medication.
I had my first assessment on November 12th by telephone.
I was called  early December to say information was missing and that I was required to have another assessment on the 15th December.

I have been reading a lot of information provided here and called PIP today to obtain a copy of my assessors reports.

I was told they had not received my reports and the woman Paula gave me a telephone number 08001884881 to ask why.

I just gave that number a call and I don't like talking on the telephone and I was told that I am to have another assessment for missing information.

I was so stressed out and immediately this affects my ability to speak or think clearly especially on the telephone I thought that she had misunderstood me and explained I had the 2nd assessment for missing information but apparently I need another assessment once again missing information.

The HP has noted on my file that he tried to make contact with me.
That is not true I don't go out to miss a call
I explained to the woman I have a complete call log and that I have not missed any calls through November and December on my mobile either

She was very thorough and very patient as I had a panic attack and a meltdown during the call and she is sending me out a complaints form.

The  assessment form has never left the assessors for PIP to be able to send me a copy of the report.

There are apparently no available appointments for an assessment either 

Any advice would be very much appreciated this whole process is causing me so much stress and making me very depressed I am honestly wondering why I put myself through this 

Kind regards and Thank you in advance.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    Sometimes further assessments are needed if they don't have enough of information to write the report. I realise it's extremely stressful but what would you prefer a report to be written that is missing information or a report that is written with all the information? I know what i would prefer.
    At the moment the whole process has taken 7 months but the timescales as a guide is about 10months so you haven't been waiting as long as some people have.
    Hopefully the report will be writen and returned to DWP soon. Once this is done it can be a further 2-12 weeks for the decision.
    Also to add, i'd advise you to think twice before requesting the report because you're experiencing stress and anxiety already and the report causes so many people even more stress and anxiety, especially if it's not what they expected it to be.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Zwill0811
    Options
    @poppy123456
    Thank you for replying to me and yes you're right I would prefer a full report taken.

I will take your advice and not ask for a copy of the assessor's reports after I have the next assessment.

I have never applied for anything  previously other than Esa on the grounds of being ill so I don't know how this works I wasn't aware that people are sometimes asked for 3 assessments .

I did ask if I could have a face to face assessment as much as I don't like them I think these telephone assessments have not been very good for me.
    I have both psychiatric disorders and physical disabilities
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Zwill0811 :) 

Thank you for your comment, it sounds like you've been through a lot and it's been a stressful time for you. Have you considered reaching out for support for your application? That is, looking into local benefits advice support? Advice local is a great website which can show you what type of support is available for benefits etc. 

By contacting someone from Advice local, it might relieve some stress as I'm aware that you might be able to gain support with filling in forms or appealing/challenging any decisions that you might disagree with. 

I hope the above is helpful and if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask :) 

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Zwill0811
    Options
    Thankyou @Username_removed

I added the paperwork just as support.
    The details of activities have been detailed in my form of how I struggle with something and cannot do others.
    I have detailed every question with a full response.
    I also added extra written paperwork as there was not enough room in the form.

I believe the calls are missing the following information.
    The assessor never covered any therapy I am attending , who takes me or what therapy it is and I attend lots.

The other things missing are about my food intake and the fact that my  food makes me choke, I was only asked about if I can prepare a meal which I cannot do as I can't chop or lift and carry..I can't bend into an oven either

The next would be who washes and dresses me I just explained to the woman on the telephone I told him about Zips on my leggings I was stopped from explaining that this is because I cannot draw up my legs to or push into trousers so I have help dressing and washing.
    Again I was ask about getting into the bath or shower I have help for both of these tasks even with disability aids I have no grip and my legs don't work properly.

I will make notes for the next assessment and I will make sure that I am not cut short on my replies 

• poppy123456
    Options
    If you need to go out to attend a therapy appointment, this isn't considered in the PIP acitivity managing therapy/monitoring a health condition. It needs to be in your home for it to be considered.
    Carrying pots/pans around the kitchen and using an oven isn't considered in the activity preparing a meal.
    If you've just told them you can't do something this isn't enough of information, you need to spell it out to them and tell them why you can't do something and what exactly happened the last time you attempted to do that activity.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Zwill0811
    Options
    @poppy123456

So therapy that I have to manage and do at home is the most important ?

My,mental health, physiotherapy /food therapy all continue at home with support these are the ones they need to know more about ?

Sorry my brain is a bit overwhelmed and it's so very confusing 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Therapy at home needs to be prescribed or recommended by a registered doctor, nurse, pharmacist or health professional.
  • Zwill0811
    Options
    @poppy123456
    I have had to call the assessment service again today.
    I received a message at 15.27pm for a video assessment to take place today at 15.01pm.
    When I explained I was told that my claim is closed with them it is being prepared to be sent to the DWP.
    That the message was clearly a mistake.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Zwill0811

Yes I think you're right, that message looks like it was sent in error. Keep us up to date with how you get on, it sounds as though things are progressing, which is good. 

If you do have any questions in the meantime, don't hesitate to ask :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.